See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 March 2017

Do you want to relive that holiday when you camped out on a Norwegian fjord in January, with nothing but a garbage bag and socks for shelter? Why not stay at the Erie Hotel in Port Jervis? For a princely two-digit sum, you can spend a night in subarctic conditions, even if the thermostat is cranked up to 11, for the radiator will give up only the faintest whiff of heat! You needn't take your coat or boots off - just get under the paper-thin blanket (singular, unless you ask the barman for more) and shiver the night away - and not having to change makes leaving the next day that much more expeditious! Also provided for your pleasure are discarded bits of walnut on the carpet from the previous guests' stay, which lends the place a certain healthy, lived-in quality. Top marks for frigid, unpretentious authenticity.

Date of stay: March 2017
7  Thank BKSNY
Reviewed 12 December 2016

I met a few friends for dinner a few months ago & loved it! We all live in the nearby area. We all shared the nacho plate-which was fresh & a very generous portion. Each of my friends ordered sandwiches & fries which they loved. I ordered fetticini alfredo-which was creamy & fresh in a generous portion. I also loved the fun, historical atmophere of the restaurant-old trophies, a big moosehead, model trains, looked like the original bar table, mirror & counter etc. Great place to eat!

Room tip: I just ate at the restaurant & can't give an opinion about the hotel.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2016

We went for dinner last night. It was terrible! Shrimp in a basket was like rubber! My hamburger was overlooked and lacking in flavor. I ordered a hot tea which was Luke warm. Then I ordered an iced tea and it was horribly bitter! We got stomache aches after we ate!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tricia C
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

This was the cheapest room in the Delaware water gap region. Room was dated but clean. Bathrooms held The smallest lavatory I've ever seen, and No black out curtains made for an early rise, which was ok as we had to be up early anyways.
The music from the tiki bar below was very loud until 2 am, but the white noise from our air conditioner and the long island iced teas we had from there helped us to pass out.
Felt like being in an old brothel, but you get what you pay for.

Oh, and Google maps needs some work on navigating the town, we went in cirlcles multiple times.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Melissa V
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Was excited to find this place and to book a cheap last minute room for a triathlon I was running in town the next day.

All was OK until about 10:00 when apparently the "family restaurant" below the hotel turns into a night club. Extremely loud music with ridiculous bass - THUD THUD THUD - until about 3AM. Like an episode of jersey shore or something. I actually ended up moving the mattress onto the floor away from the windows to get away from the noise after calling twice to ask to lower the music with no luck.

This is not a review coming from some cranky old man - I am a 25 year old who just needed a good place to sleep and rest for the night - and would have been better off sleeping in my car.

STRONGLY do not recommend to anyone who requires sleep. Maybe better on a weekday or something.

Date of stay: August 2016