“Finally returning for another dinner”
Review of Erie Hotel

Erie Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Jervis
Erie Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Port Jervis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 March 2017

Have had great lunches here...including a party of 20...and over ten years ago dinner so I was glad to have the opportunity Thursday March 23rd to close top a day's outing with a friend. Ok, it was a Brackets TV night so the bar crowd was a little noisy but the food and atmosphere is worth it. Rather than go for the extensive and delicious burgers we chose seafood dishes, me, the shrimp and sea scallops with pasta with marinara sauce; by buddy got the shrimp and sea scallops with a white wine sauce, baked potato, and vegetables (it was supposed to be covered with cheese but he opted out). A bread basket and good sized salad as appetizers, and really attentive and good service made the Erie Hotel choice correct. And the seafood entre was great fare. The charm of the Erie Hotel is found in the mid 1800's building and rooms decorated with railroad memorabilia based on the Erie Railroad and historic heritage pictures of the town, the railroad, and the Delaware and Hudson Canal. And the great food and service is so appreciated every time I've ever been there. Oh, I somehow left my undercoat vest there...I don't need it, its old and worn, and just driving back would cost that what I paid for the vest. But ya know, it is probably a good excuse to get back there someday soon again for lunch.

Room Tip: Yes there are rooms...but this is well known as a restaurant.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Do you want to relive that holiday when you camped out on a Norwegian fjord in January, with nothing but a garbage bag and socks for shelter? Why not stay at the Erie Hotel in Port Jervis? For a princely two-digit sum, you can spend a night in subarctic conditions, even if the thermostat is cranked up to 11, for the radiator will give up only the faintest whiff of heat! You needn't take your coat or boots off - just get under the paper-thin blanket (singular, unless you ask the barman for more) and shiver the night away - and not having to change makes leaving the next day that much more expeditious! Also provided for your pleasure are discarded bits of walnut on the carpet from the previous guests' stay, which lends the place a certain healthy, lived-in quality. Top marks for frigid, unpretentious authenticity.

Stayed: March 2017
5  Thank BKSNY
Reviewed 12 December 2016

I met a few friends for dinner a few months ago & loved it! We all live in the nearby area. We all shared the nacho plate-which was fresh & a very generous portion. Each of my friends ordered sandwiches & fries which they loved. I ordered fetticini alfredo-which was creamy & fresh in a generous portion. I also loved the fun, historical atmophere of the restaurant-old trophies, a big moosehead, model trains, looked like the original bar table, mirror & counter etc. Great place to eat!

Room Tip: I just ate at the restaurant & can't give an opinion about the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2016

We went for dinner last night. It was terrible! Shrimp in a basket was like rubber! My hamburger was overlooked and lacking in flavor. I ordered a hot tea which was Luke warm. Then I ordered an iced tea and it was horribly bitter! We got stomache aches after we ate!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tricia C
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

This was the cheapest room in the Delaware water gap region. Room was dated but clean. Bathrooms held The smallest lavatory I've ever seen, and No black out curtains made for an early rise, which was ok as we had to be up early anyways.
The music from the tiki bar below was very loud until 2 am, but the white noise from our air conditioner and the long island iced teas we had from there helped us to pass out.
Felt like being in an old brothel, but you get what you pay for.

Oh, and Google maps needs some work on navigating the town, we went in cirlcles multiple times.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Melissa V

Been to Erie Hotel? Share your experiences!