“Great Food, Great Service”
Review of Erie Hotel

Erie Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Jervis
Erie Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Port Jervis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Had a group of 16 people heading to Port Jervis, NY by train with 90 minutes for lunch. Some spoke of the idea of the Erie Hotel, a mid 1800's structure next to the former Erie Railroad station. Having had dinner there several times myself I thought it an excellent choice. Having had to keep 16 people together at one time and place, I knew it would be a good choice...and it was. I made arrangements with the restaurant to send me their menu so our group could submit their lunch order several days ahead of time. And the Erie Hotel people went out of their way to make it enjoyable, relaxing, and perfect for us. Oh, I knew the food would be great, and all agreed it was. But the extra touch of having a table all set for us when we walked in with a note with each of our names at a place setting and our drinks waiting was an "A+" to at least the tenth power! And all agreed the hospitality, the historical atmosphere, and the food were as great as I had predicted. Not only will it be remembered by all of us but it is marked that we all will be sure to go there again. And again....

Room Tip: We did not partake of the hotel services, just the restaurant.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Henry S

Reviewed 21 April 2016

The wings were absolutely the best around... Took a ride from Jersey and just love this place...Boyfriend had a grilled cheese with bacon and tomato - simple lunch but outstanding food... Great service and a warm bunch of people...

Room Tip: Did not stay in hotel.
Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2015

We were driving quite a distance to watch the high school football game, so we decided to arrive early, have dinner and check into the hotel before going to the evening game.It is so hard to find old hotels with restaurants ,so we were very excited. We were not let down. The atmosphere was cozy but with the old polished wood of yesteryear. The food was fantastic- hard to find salmon cooked to perfection for my husband, and I enjoyed a special of the evening which was chicken with a pumpkin sauce . They had a music in the tiki bar to enjoy after the game.
The only reason for four stars was that the bedrooms were on the small side,with bed against a wall, and it would have been nice to have a coffee maker.

Room Tip: steps to rooms are pretty steep, so we chose a second floor room
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peggy t
Reviewed 31 August 2015

I don't know, I'm torn between giving it 3 stars for issues I will relate below or 5 stars because I liked the place so much. The main issue would be noise, its over a bar and on a busy street (at least my room was). But its not the hotel's fault that bar conversations continue on the sidewalk long after last call or that bikers like to blast their noisy mufflers at 4am. Another issue, to some, might be that nearby parking is hit or miss, shower only - no bathtub, ice must be retrieved from the bar and the bed (my bed) was creaky like right out of the Addam's family. On the flipside, the town is quaint, the hotel and its bar have a lot of personality, the staff were over-the-top pleasant and the price is unbeatable. My wife and I chose this place as a halfway point on a 10 hour drive and I don't regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for one that's not on the street
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kwhopson
Reviewed 22 July 2015 via mobile

You got to wonder what stories would be told if the walls could talk! This historic hotel has the perfect central location.
You check-in at the The Erie Restaurant bar (see separate write up) and pre-pay and obtain your key. There is a separate door for hotel guests and rooms are on the 2nd & 3rd floors by stairs (no elevator ). We had room 5 on the 2nd floor which larger and at the back of the hotel, so quieter as no street noise. A periodic train may pass, although is not loud.
Decorated in period style. Queen bed only had 1 side to exit so those middle of the night wake ups are fun!
Bathroom is small, like real small. Sink is tiny and there's only a shower.
No shampoo or lotion offered, although soap is included.
Would I stay here again... in a heartbeat! It's a whole experience with restaurant /bar downstairs adding to the whole stay.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank KayJazz

Been to Erie Hotel? Share your experiences!