“Good sushi bad service”

Miyabi
Ranked #11 of 68 Restaurants in Pleasantville
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

The food was great..The service was not. Had to request a 2nd drink 3 times. Then after the 3rd request still took forever.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We went for a quick dinner before a Jacob Burns performance. The server was close to nasty but they did prepare a dish with different ingredients than listed. The other dish, with sesame noodles, had soggy green noodles. Just an oily sesame sauce. They brought white rice and never asked if we had another preference. I'd go back because it's so convenient.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

My family loves this restaurant! They always have great fresh sushi and good Chinese food. They are a little stingy on extra sauces if you get the female owner, but if you get anyone else, they are pleasurable when asking for anything extra.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

I went here after calling to make sure there were gluten free options. I was told that there were - just to tell my server which I did. He assured me that everything we were ordering would be made gluten free. Therefore I was very upset when I bit in to a spicy tuna roll and tasted crunchy wheat (I have Celiac Disease). I asked the server did it have wheat in it and he did not seem sure. Then he left and the chef came out. The chef, and here is the rub, came out and actually lectured me that all spicy rolls have wheat in them and it was my responsibility to know that. I thought this was very inappropriate, and felt that the restaurant should at least have been highly apologetic and offered to comp us that entree. As for the other food, the sushi was fresh and tasty, but the Thai/Chinese dishes though containing fresh vegetables, were absolutely flavorless.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Unfortunately, our experience here (last year) was marred by the excessively loud-mouthed discussion, at the next table and in Chinese, by a person whom we took to be the manager.

Food (duck) was OK, but atmosphere was not copacetic.