“Nice atmosphere, good food”

The Keuka Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Nightlife in Penn Yan
Reviewed 11 October 2016

After a long road trip from NJ we found the Keuka Restaurant. It was within walking distance of our B&B which made it very convenient. Service was very good and even though she was busy, our waitress was attentive. The French onion soup was delicious as were the nachos. If we had been hungrier we would have easily chosen something from their extensive menu.

All reviews
"prime rib"
in 3 reviews
"bar area"
"the french onion soup"
"salad"
"cheese"

Reviewed 14 August 2016

There weren't a lot of gluten-free choices on the menu, but I found something that I could eat (a grilled plain hamburger) and it was delicious. The restaurant was featuring all you can eat crab legs that evening so the place was packed and very noisy - but the other person at my table and I were able to hear each other most of the time.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Dined here on a Wednesday, fully expecting to get the crab special...which we did, kinda. Ordered the tortellini in a crab cream sauce. YUMMY! Also had the lobster bisque which wasn't spectacular, but I've had much worse. Something of note here, my husband and I are Pescatarians (mainly vegetarian, but eat fish & seafood). Soups in general are very tricky with type of diet. However, the lobster bisque looked so good we asked the waitress if there was chicken stock in it. She wasn't sure, but immediately offered to check with a smile. She did not seem to mind AT ALL. After having several meals where asking questions like this to a server seemed an imposition, it was great to receive fast & friendly service with a smile. Also, they serve an ENTIRE head of roasted garlic with their bread. My husband the garlic fiend was in heaven. Overall a lovely experience, and we plan on returning to the area AND this restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

My wife and I chose this restaurant as it was one of a few recommended by the front desk clerk at our hotel. It was also close by and we were able to walk over. They have a vibrant local bar crowd, and we chose to sit in the bar area. There is also a separate dining area which I suspect would be somewhat quieter. I would agree with some of the other reviews that commented on the noise in the bar area. We had an excellent meal, we both chose the filet mignon, but my wife went for the one with the blue cheese. Our server was excellent, friendly and attentive and overall it was a very good dining experience that we enjoyed.