“Local bar crowd with good food, friendly service”

The Keuka Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 3 Nightlife in Penn Yan
Reviewed 14 November 2015

My wife and I chose this restaurant as it was one of a few recommended by the front desk clerk at our hotel. It was also close by and we were able to walk over. They have a vibrant local bar crowd, and we chose to sit in the bar area. There is also a separate dining area which I suspect would be somewhat quieter. I would agree with some of the other reviews that commented on the noise in the bar area. We had an excellent meal, we both chose the filet mignon, but my wife went for the one with the blue cheese. Our server was excellent, friendly and attentive and overall it was a very good dining experience that we enjoyed.

All reviews
"prime rib"
in 3 reviews
"bar area"
"the french onion soup"
"salad"
"cheese"

Reviewed 26 October 2015

This past weekend, I visited The Keuka Restaurant for the first time because I had been thinking of trying it for quite a long time since it is near my lake home. It obviously is very popular with the local population and was quite crowded. The food was very good and the service was fine. My only complaint is that it was very noisy.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

This is a very popular local eatery, owned and run by local residents. Varied and good menu. We were there on a warm summer night - the air conditioning was set way too low and we never acclimated to the cold while there. It is also so loud when there are more than a few diners, it is almost impossible to carry on a conversation. Great fries and onion rings!

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

What a pleasure dining here with families and couples served by delightful servers. It was lively without being loud, which was an unexpected plus.The food was simple, but was prepared well and priced fairly. Go there and have a good time!

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I really enjoyed the on-the-house bread platter brought out with the butter and oil dip, as well as some cooked garlic. The house salad was enjoyable with the option to try some grape vinaigrette since we were, after all, in the Finger Lakes. Both my mothers' and my meals were chicken based and delicious. Great service and a cute ambiance.