“Great Girls Getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
nikki833
Wilton, New Hampshire
“A nice stay ruined by aftermath”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

On the plus side: nice location, plenty of kitchenware, charming decorations, pleasant neighborhood. The house was clean when we arrived (and when we left!), there is a big, private yard and a nice dock.

On the negative, a number of false accusations were made by the owner after we left. We deny all of them.

As to your claim that we broke the headboard on the queen bed, we have already explained that it was pulled out of the wall when we arrived. Yes, we should have taken pictures or called you right away, but in the chaos of unpacking and settling in during a horrific thunderstorm, and then enduring a two-hour power failure, it got forgotten. However, we did notify you about the condition of the headboard at the end of our stay. We dispute that there was any damage to the bed frame itself.

As to your other assertions:
No one in our family smokes -- "cigarette butts all over yard" -- absolutely not. The only butt I saw was the one my 2-year-old granddaughter picked up near the stone fireplace.
"Porch table out in the rain" -- we never took ANY of the porch furniture outside, nor any other furniture.
"Where are the garbage cans?????" -- Whatever cans were there upon our arrival were still there when we left -- one in the kitchen, in each bathroom and each bedroom as I recall. The two large containers outside were there as well.
"hole in a front bedroom rug" -- none of us recall seeing a hole in any rug, but if there is a hole we did not put it there.
"it appears that the beds were moved...as well as the wing back chair..." -- Of course we found it necessary to move a few things around, but we were sure to restore everything to its original location.
"...left kitchen stove a mess" -- Completely false. My wife and younger son cleaned the stove, sink and refrigerator. We all pitched in to tidy up on Saturday morning. We even crushed some of the water jugs in the recycling bin since the bin wasn't emptied on our Thursday and the bin was very full.
Except for the headboard condition, none of the other assertions is true so we can only conclude that you (or your caretaker) have us confused with another rental party. We were at 539 Angus Point Rd.

Now for the other side of the coin. There were a few issues that annoyed or angered us as they became apparent: For example, at your house last week we fixed the toilet in the downstairs bathroom (it was sticking and running constantly) and tightened the handle on the shower faucet. In the the upstairs bath we tightened the toilet seat that was ready to fall off and reset some trim that was loose. Finally, we replaced a bulb in a living room lamp and batteries in the flash light.
Your "suggestion" that we not drink the water -- why?? Is it contaminated? Will we get sick? Or does it just taste funny? Whatever the reason, you have an obligation to your prospective customers to disclose the need to buy bottled water during their stay if it is a health or safety concern, before they rent the house and not upon arrival. (By the way, if the water is bad, is the water going to the ice maker filtered?)
I wasn't aware of the train, but apparently you mentioned to my son that it runs "a couple times a day." You never mentioned it also runs at about 9:45 PM and 2:30 AM. My grandchildren were frightened to death and all of us had our sleep disrupted nightly. I can understand why you would be hesitant to disclose this train, but people should know before they rent.
The water pressure is pitiful and the shower head in the downstairs bathroom needs to be replaced as it is partially clogged and sends water in multiple directions. (I have a well at my house so I know good water pressure is possible.)
Finally, I just wanted to mention a few things that need attention:
The screen door is rotting at the bottom and needs to be lifted slightly in order to close. If someone is not aware of this, the door could easily break apart if forced. I'd hate to see another guest lose their damage deposit for breaking this door through no fault of their own.
In the southwest bedroom, in the dresser that has the two doors on the top section, the left door was slightly broken.
There is no remote for the DVD player.
The downstairs bath has nowhere to hang towels and wash cloths.
The bench that converts to half a picnic table is rotting and could fall on someone if they tried to open it.
The final step at the bottom of the sloped path to the lake is badly deteriorated and could cause someone to fall.
You advertise the property as being suitable for kids, but the house contains many hazards such as that low glass coffee table in the living room, the unattached mirrors on top of the dressers in the bedrooms and the stained glass window accent piece free-standing in the corner of the living room. The aforementioned nighttime trains are definitely not kid friendly.
All the above issues aside, we actually had a pretty good time and enjoyed the use of the house and lake.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Liked least: false damage accusations
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
11 Oct 2016
What a mess was left! And Trip Advisor, after reviewing the photos and information did withhold the security. A great inconvenience was caused to the incoming renters but as they have rented the property for 14 years they knew all the issues would be addressed. The renters and our trusted caretakers both were aware of the cigarette smell as was I when I arrived a few weeks ago!!
I must say too many people and families have enjoyed our lake house over the past 17 years to be phased by this review!
gotomeesh
Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Great Girls Getaway”
Reviewed 13 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

My girlfriends and I just stayed at this house and really enjoyed ourselves! The house is located at a beautiful and convenient location on Seneca Lake and has a large yard and gorgeous views! The home was clean, newly renovated and still has a lot of older home charm to it and was perfect for my girlfriends and I. The kitchen is fully stocked with every item you could possibly need and the beds were so comfortable! I would definitely rent here again!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location
Liked least: no Wifi
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
22 Oct 2015
Glad you enjoyed!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing