All reviewstypical courtyardfront deskbistro staffbusiness tripan excellent place to staynice hotelstayed here for nightssmall refrigeratorpull out couchwedding partyclose to downtowna king size bedroom was spaciousexercise roomdefinitely stay here againone night staypour house
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Let me start by saying that the staff was uniformly friendly, helpful and pleasant. However, the property is showing its age and this hotel gets some of my usual complaints--plus.

The HVAC system did not work properly. The thermostat jumped around and we couldn't get it stable. The WiFi worked fine, but there were no charging ports. There was a place to plug in an ethenet cable, but that's so old fashioned.

There was in-room coffee, but no tea.

My two usual complaints:

1. There was the typical offer to forego having the linens changed every day. We accepted. However, the housekeeping staff still changed our linens. And, here's the "plus"--even though we had the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door. To me, this is often a management issue.

2. We agreed to re-use our towels. So, meet us halfway--provide sufficient towel rods on which to hang our damp towels. There was only one. This is a common complaint of mine. Hotels want to be seen as "green" yet they don't provide their guests with the right tools to accomplish this.

I generally prefer Marriott properties, but next time I'm in Rochester I'll probably opt for something else.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Paula C, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. I would love to speak to you further about your experience, in particular in regards to housekeeping. Any information you can provide me would be most helpful. I can be reached at 585-385-1000.
Paula

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

This must be our 3rd or 4th stay here. Upon arrival, front desk checked us right in. Bistro staff remember us from last year. Not sure if that was good or bad!!?? Lol We were given room in the newly renovated part of hotel. Once again, room clean and spacious. The only thing missing was microwave. Wanted to heat up leftovers, but was not able. No big deal...we always chose Marriott.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2018

We stayed here in the week between Christmas and New Years for five nights. The cafe staff was extremely accommodating and friendly and the breakfast is good. Rooms are typical, nothing amazing; gym is nice, as is the pool (although our kids were disappointed that they removed the whirlpool from previous years). On our last morning, a very rude wedding party started getting ready at 5am across the hall. Despite repeated requests to be quiet, they refused. The front desk staff was so proactive! They offered to move us to another floor for our last night (which we hadn't even asked for) and were just generally wonderful. I was very impressed and they deserve kudos from their management.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is clean and quiet. There are not many options in Rochester East, so I thought this was a great choice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The cafe area was clean and well appointed.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Staff are very friendly and helpful. BUT this place is old and run down. They are doing major renovations so there is LOUD construction noise from 8am to 730pm. I didn't notice any warnings that the hotel is undergoing renovations when I made my reservation. I feel duped.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Paula C, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester East/Penfield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.

As you noticed, we are currently undergoing a major renovation, that is sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that exceeds the expectations of our valued guests, like you.

I am so sorry that you were unaware that the renovation was occurring as we do have it posted on our website and on our confirmations.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with an enjoyable experience once our renovations are complete.

Kindly,