“Good hot & spicy shrimp”

Dragon House Chinese
Ranked #18 of 50 Restaurants in Penfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 10 December 2015

I stopped into Dragon House this week for a quick meal during the holiday shopping. I had some hot & spicy shrimp, which they do fairly well. They even added the extra hot spice that I requested, and the meal came out very quickly. That with a bowl of hot & sour soup cost less than $15, so it's quite a good deal. Friendly service as well. I like this place...4 stars.

Reviewed 26 February 2015 via mobile

What do you do when the impulse to eat Chinese food strikes? Go to Dragon House! The food is good. They're fast. I like the chicken ho fungus best.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

I did take-out from Dragon House tonight for dinner, and had a very nice meal for a very small fee. The Kung Pao Shrimp was spicy, as I asked it to be. The egg rolls, brown rice and crispy noodles were also very nice. Service was super quick, and "mostly friendly." if you go for takeout, deal with the young fellow instead of with the owner, who is an older Chinese fellow who does not understand the meaning of the word "smile." Oh well, no worries. The friendly younger guy took my order, and my dinner was out in less than five minutes. No kidding!

This is a great place to pick up a quick, inexpensive meal that is very tasty. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 9 December 2014

I ate at Dragon House Chinese Restaurant for lunch today. It was the same as I remember it several years ago when I used to dine there on a regular basis. The dining room is quiet and peaceful, and has a nice feel to it. There were only two other tables of people there, so the service was pretty quick.

I ordered the Kung Pao Shrimp dish, and I asked for it "extra spicy." However, like many other Chinese restaurants they brought it out without much heat, (which I will admit is probably my fault due to my preferred level of spice, which is extreme). They also did not bring out any red hot pepper oil, and I did not ask for it, so I ate it "as was." It tasted OK, but I would have preferred it much hotter.

Other suggestions to make this place better include offering brown rice as an alternative to the white steamed rice. Currently, they only have white rice or fried rice, which is even less healthy. Also, there really weren't many shrimp in the Kung Pao Shrimp, and they were very small. I'd be willing to pay a little more to get shrimp that stood out a little more. Don't get me wrong - the dish still tasted OK, but there is room for improvement as well. I'd still go back there though...not bad. I give it one thumb up.

Reviewed 14 October 2014

We have visited the Dragon House on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed in our meal. The menu is varied and requests for special preparation have always been well received. The atmosphere is quite and tasteful and the staff is pleasant and efficient. Given the quality of the meal we have often been surprised at the small number of guests but, of course, we have never had to wait for a table.

1  Thank Theoden R