“Very good take-out, and fast!”

Dragon House Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 51 Restaurants in Penfield
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 18 February 2015

I did take-out from Dragon House tonight for dinner, and had a very nice meal for a very small fee. The Kung Pao Shrimp was spicy, as I asked it to be. The egg rolls, brown rice and crispy noodles were also very nice. Service was super quick, and "mostly friendly." if you go for takeout, deal with the young fellow instead of with the owner, who is an older Chinese fellow who does not understand the meaning of the word "smile." Oh well, no worries. The friendly younger guy took my order, and my dinner was out in less than five minutes. No kidding!

This is a great place to pick up a quick, inexpensive meal that is very tasty. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 9 December 2014

I ate at Dragon House Chinese Restaurant for lunch today. It was the same as I remember it several years ago when I used to dine there on a regular basis. The dining room is quiet and peaceful, and has a nice feel to it. There were only two other tables of people there, so the service was pretty quick.

I ordered the Kung Pao Shrimp dish, and I asked for it "extra spicy." However, like many other Chinese restaurants they brought it out without much heat, (which I will admit is probably my fault due to my preferred level of spice, which is extreme). They also did not bring out any red hot pepper oil, and I did not ask for it, so I ate it "as was." It tasted OK, but I would have preferred it much hotter.

Other suggestions to make this place better include offering brown rice as an alternative to the white steamed rice. Currently, they only have white rice or fried rice, which is even less healthy. Also, there really weren't many shrimp in the Kung Pao Shrimp, and they were very small. I'd be willing to pay a little more to get shrimp that stood out a little more. Don't get me wrong - the dish still tasted OK, but there is room for improvement as well. I'd still go back there though...not bad. I give it one thumb up.

Reviewed 14 October 2014

We have visited the Dragon House on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed in our meal. The menu is varied and requests for special preparation have always been well received. The atmosphere is quite and tasteful and the staff is pleasant and efficient. Given the quality of the meal we have often been surprised at the small number of guests but, of course, we have never had to wait for a table.

1  Thank TheodenR
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

To start out we got the beef on sticks... they were great and better than average. Egg rolls were average. Fried rice was awesome. The sesame and tsang chicken was a little above average. And most importantly they serve alcoholic beverages. And some of them you can get served for two in a giant bowl with a flame on the liquour in the middle. We got the scorpion bowl and it went down really easy! So good.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and fast. The food was hot and had a great flavor. We had the sesame chicken which was better than your average fast food Chinese fare. This restaurant was not a typical fast food type of place. They took their time to do it right.

1  Thank Joe E