“Great Food, Great Food, Great Food”

Touch Of Class Caribbean Fusion Cuisine
Ranked #17 of 85 Restaurants in Peekskill
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 10 September 2017

I have been here 3 times now and the food has been exceptional every time. We are both from the Caribbean (Antigua and Trinidad) so know good Caribbean food. We loved the place so much we brought my parents (who are born and raised in Trinidad) there when they came to visit. We have to travel over 30 minutes to get to the place but it is well worth it. Try the jerk spring rolls and the crab cake as an appetizer. The mains we have had were all excellent: whole escovitch fish, whole jerk fish, curry goat, oxtail. My daughter had the penne alfredo with chicken (not a dish from the Caribbean) but she loved it. (and I had some). Each main comes with two sides and you have to have to have to try the mac and cheese. This place has it going on and I just made a reservation for 10 and we are going to bring our friends there. As you can see from my reviews, we have been to what are considered the best restaurants in the country (Per Se, French Laundry, La Bernadin, Bouley, Daniel, etc.) and I LOVE this place.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank KingTut100

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

The only 5 star rating I've ever given. Touch of class was just a spur of the moment restaurant decision in the City of Peekskill. We walked in very early so the restaurant was empty by the time we left it was nicely filled. Not knowing anything about Caribbean food we read the menu a long time. Basically any food could be ordered prepared in three different sauces and heat levels. Our waiter was patient, professional and made valued suggestions. One of us had a goat stew,another curry seafood mix, ginger shrimp and I had peppered tuna. The portions are large so the gout of us split a wonderful bread pudding topped with stout ice cream. What a wonderful gem of a restaurant! It is handicapped accessible and spotlessly clean. Cloth tablecloths and table setting with a true touch of class. The only thing I would change would be the black walls.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Instead74
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We were the only ones in the restaurant on a Sunday night, but they told us they are usually full on weekend nights. This is one of the pricier restaurants in Peekskill but it was worth it. Delicious salad with very tasty dressing, coconut polenta and shrimp with coconut curry sauce were fabulous. Definitely worth visiting for a meal when in Peekskill.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant WILL NOT DISAPPOINT! We decided to go after reading all the positive reviews and seeing all the pictures. Everything we had was amazing! The flavors were SO delicious. The Spring Rolls and the Escovitch Shrimp were sweet and spicy... So flavorful you just wanted more! Each entre was fantastic. We had the Oxtails [not always served], the Jerk Salmon [this is what I had and I could not stop eating it, the flavors were amazing] and the Tuna. Oh, and the homemade salsa they give you with the Plantane Chips tastes like no salsa you've ever tasted! We would have bought some to take home but they didn't have the jars available. You MUST try this place. Jason our server was very informative. I believe he's part owner.

Date of visit: May 2017