“Good food, relaxing atmosphere”

Alfresco's Italian Bistro
Ranked #23 of 125 Restaurants in Oneonta
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Alfresco's is a charming restaurant with an authentic Italian look and feel and food that was as good as the atmosphere.

The bread was warm, the lasagna I had was plentiful and cheesy and the linguine with shrimp that my son had was very tasty. The service was also attentive and friendly. If there is any criticism, it's that the salad was little more than a bowl of iceberg lettuce with a couple of tomatoes and while the shrimp in my son's dish was perfectly cooked, it was served in a little too much garlic butter sauce.

All in all, though, it was an enjoyable experience, but to the eyes and to the palate!

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for some drinks and loved the atmosphere. It felt like something quaint from Europe (though I must admit I have never been)

We then went back for a pizza for our kids. They ordered just cheese, but they loved it!

We are going to return for some small bites later in the week. If you are looking for something different, you gotta check out this place.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

Dined with a party of 3 here, for the first time, last evening. Heard that it was worth the time to go there. I admit that I enjoyed the ambiance when I walked in. Kind of reminds me of an old world themed eatery, as you'd find in Italy. The service was very polite and attentive and the menu, along with the daily specials were quite ample. Now, I come from Italian heritage and my mother and grandmothers made the best Italian food; we can get that out of the way, right now. So, when I do dine Italian, to me it's THE SAUCE! I selected chicken parmesan, which came with a side regular or Caesar salad and choice of pasta (I took the linguini). The presentation was very nice and the portion size was ample. But, the seasoning across all components of the meal was NOT THERE! The sauce, while tasting like fresh made, had no depth of taste with garlic, herbs (i.e. basil or oregano) or salt; the breading on the chicken cutlet tasted like it was dredged in plain bread crumbs, also having no salt or other seasoning detectable; and the linguini was obviously boiled in water that was unsalted or poorly salted. I will admit that the cutlet was pounded to a nice thinness and was moist, not dry. But, overall the meal disappointed in its lack of seasoning. Nice family spot; good couples spot; prices reasonable and full menu to please most any palate, yet I cannot say that I'd look to return, any time soon. The food was just good, and with my upbringing, I can make "good" and even "better" at home.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

You know when you enter Alfresco's that you are in a family business. The owners are normally involved in the cooking and serving (not sure how they do it!). All their food is fresh and unique. Most servings are Italian oriented, but there are many choices. Service is fast and prices are reasonable. The restaurant is well known and usually very busy. They serve great wines white and red. you won't be disappointed if you are only a couple or a larger group. Absolutely worth the first try ...you will be back!
Geoff Smith

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This Italian restaurant is king of unique. The front is a pizzeria, but the middle is an excellent Italian restaurant. The back room is for banquettes.A slice of pizza (from the front) is the size of a small pie. Excellent chose to eat. .