“Dinner with friends ”

Ranked #3 of 125 Restaurants in Oneonta
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

this food was amazing ... we atopped by for dinner for our vacation ... everything we tried from chicken parm to seafood to fish ... food was incredible along with dessert :). thanks for the terrific dining !!!!

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

A lovely dining experience in a quaint piece of Americana. Just east of the Oneonta city limits sits this lovely restaurant. I like good food but I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the excellent service and attention we received. It was a busy weekend in this rural NY town and many restaurants did not handle the surge well at all. The owner was exceptionally accommodating regarding reservations, our early arrival and seating. He was cordial and friendly. His greeting was followed by the exceptional waitering delivered by our waitress, Bernadette. She was friendly and had some very helpful suggestions. The food was very nicely prepared although we took no risks, all opting for a delicious cut of prime rib w fresh vegetables and a baked potato. All were cooked precisely as ordered. Dessert was well prepared, but I would recommend the bread pudding, which was almost custardy with a nice flavor and consistency. I did not try the flourless chocolate tort, but my wife found it somewhat disappointing. Opt for he bread pudding.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Interesting location and decor. Good food and service.

Took a flyer and pulled off of I-88, State Hwy 7 exit. Right in front of us at the exit was a very interesting looking farmhouse, ironically called the Farmhouse. Entrance is a little hard to find. Good menu with many daily specials. Good service too. Talked to the owner, Tom, who gave us great directions to Cooperstowm, our ultimate destination.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

This old building is in a lovely rural setting. The dining area was pleasant and quiet.The service was fine. The menu sounded good, but......
One dish was grilled swordfish. The nice piece of fish topped with a bit of thin marinated ginger slices and a dab of wasabi-nice touch. However, to continue the asian theme, the chef served the fish surrounded by a bed of glass noodles and seaweed which were swimming in a very salty broth. If I could have lifted the fish onto a clean plate, it might have been OK.
Another dish as a plain roasted duck breast, served as a chunk- not thinly sliced as most restaurant presentations- and the chunk was sitting a on raspberry puree. The side dish of carrot and beans with both main courses was fine, nice and fresh and not overcooked.

So our conclusion was that the chef was reaching for something, but ended up spoiling very nice main course ingredients.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

This is one awesome place to eat. The environment is farmhouse charming. The staff is friendly and efficient. And the food sits among the best I have ever experienced and I am 70 years old. It midrange price but is more than worth it. If you find yourself near this area do not miss a dinner at The Farmhouse.