All reviews fire pit baseball hall of fame baseball tournament front desk dreams park area hotels bistro concept courtyard marriott minute drive laundry facilities free coffee in the morning wedding guests workout room breakfast choices village stay newer hotel very nice stay
Reviewed 7 December 2015

Went to my nieces graduation and really enjoyed the stay at the couryard . The grounds look new with a firepit in the back for an evening drink by the fireplace. The pool and jacuzzi are were clean . The bathroom look like it was recenty redone and was clean also . We could have got something cheaper for a hit and run stay but the hotel had a nice ambiance that made the trip more special . Was able to sleep well but did hear voices in the other room so the soundproofing seemed to be lacking but as long as it didnt bother my sleep ,I'm good.They have a area that they have breakfast and in the evenings drinks but would not conisder it a bar or a resaurant .
Overall a nice hotel and close to restaurants and bars.

Room tip: rooms facing front might have a better view of the mountains
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Katie N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We are so glad you chose to stay with us and that you had a comfortable trip. We appreciate your kind words about our property and it's amenities. We hope to host you again in the future when your travels bring you to the Oneonta area. Best of luck to your graduate!

Reviewed 21 November 2015

First time at this site. Everything was very clean and orderly. Bed was comfy and the cable, wi fi worked well. They are still in development of the area with a new McDonald's below, and some other earth moving equipment just north of the property. Not sure why they went with a courtyard over a Fairfield, townplace..At least these properties include breakfast at no charge versus the $8-12 breakfast choice. There are several restaurants close by. My only complaint was the live fly I found in my bed covers. I presented to the front desk...I got the "I'm sorry, about that"...

Room tip: top level, back side of building will be quiter
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Katie N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience with us via Tripadvisor! We are glad you had a comfortable stay and that you found the hotel to be clean and orderly. The McDoanld's below us is now open to the public, and as you said, they are developing the land adjacent to the hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the fly in your room. Unfortunately being located so close to the woods, we struggle with cluster flies in this season. We work hard to ensure that flies are not entering the guest rooms, but unfortunately this one snuck in! We have made it a priority to implement new preventative measures to ensure that we do not encounter this issue next year. We thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope that we will have another opportunity to host you when your travels bring you to the Oneonta-Cooperstown area.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

We stayed at the Courtyard Oneonta on our way to Cooperstown and to watch our daughter play at Colgate. Arriving late, we had a very nice and efficient staff member check us in immediately. The hotel was very clean, nicely furnished and was obviously a new property. The rooms were very well appointed, beds very comfortable and we hated to wake up early to leave. This hotel is much more than the average Courtyard.............we will return when up in that area!!

Room tip: Had a room on the first floor close by the lobby and it was nice and quiet!
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Katie N, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor! It is so nice to hear you say that we are more than the average Courtyard. We strive to meet and exceed the expectations of the Courtyard brand, so we appreciate your kind words. We hope you will come visit us again soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

Had arrived late the night of arrival. Nice that had 12pm check out. Your usual marriott...clean, comfortable. Fairly new property. Just wish they offered free breakfasts like a lot of other marriott brands. We woke up after breakfast was finished being served. Couldn't find anyplace close that was decent. There is a McDonald's at the entrance, but under renovation, and we like to stay away from them!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review! We are glad you had a comfortable stay at our property. We are lucky to be located so close to SUNY Oneonta and Hartwick College, as we get to host a lot of parents and family members. The McDonalds is now finished, and we do have a few recommendations for nearby diners if you are craving breakfast after we stop serving. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 November 2015

Once a year or so, usually in the fall, I take a road trip by myself out of NYC and into and through the Catskills. I absolutely love upstate NY, and driving through all the small old communities and looking at the magnificent scenery that the landscape offers is something I look forward to every year.

I usually meander aimlessly, hiking, stopping here and there, etc. until I end up in Oneonta. This past Monday (11/2) was my little adventure date for this year, and this year I chose the Courtyard Marriott in Oneonta.

I had a great, clean, super comfortable room at a really reasonable rate. The check-in process was smooth and fast (I think it may have taken a total of like 2 minutes!) and I was in my room in no time, which was great, because I had been driving and climbing and hiking for about 8 hours by the time I arrived.

The hotel is easily accessible, and very clean and attractive. The bed was extremely comfortable, and all things being equal, I think I would have been able to sleep like a baby in it, but there was one problem that more or less ruined my night of sleep. The only drawback was that the walls must be extremely thin. A man in an adjacent room checked in at about 1 am and proceeded to hack his lungs out with the most painful sounding cough for the entire night. Sadly, nothing I did could drown out his barking cough. So, I guess the soundproofing could have used to be more substantial. And this is one of the reasons that rooms with adjoining doors make me a bit nervous.

I want to just add how nice the staff was. Everybody was pleasant and kind and efficient. And the facility is beautifully maintained and clean. I didn't have an opportunity to take advantage of any amenities on offer, so I am unable to offer any insight there.

Oh, and as a demonstration of how committed the management seems to be doing the right thing for its customers, I had completed an online survey from marriott that I received shortly after my stay. I had mentioned this little issue, and a representative of the hotel said that if I return in the future, she may be able to arrange an upgraded room in a quieter area of the hotel. I thought that was really nice.

In fact, even though I didn't have plans of a return trip until next year, I just decided today to book two rooms next week at the same hotel to take my mom on a little overnight road trip. I am hoping to be able to have as nice a time with her, and hopefully a little quieter.

Room tip: I suggest asking for rooms in the quieter area of the facility, if available.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the fall foliage. Again, we are sorry that you experienced issues with noise during your stay. We hope that your second stay was a bit quieter and that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities. We truly appreciate you taking time to share your feedback. Hopefully we will see you again soon!