All reviews downtown oneonta front desk staff business traveler hotel is perfect the room was nice beds were comfortable clerk
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Where to begin? Housekeeping never came back to clean room, pullout loveseat bed was broken (missing springs/did not fold up easily leg was broken) with paper thin mattress and 3 metal bars which will have me at the Chiropractor this week to undo the pain. Restaurant never open when you want it. No complimentary breakfast to be found. Ironing board leg was broken so badly that when my friend went to iron her shirt, she almost had an accident. In room fridge (we had paid for as an "upgrade") froze all our food solid with no button in sight to turn it down. Were we supposed to move the entire unit from the cabinet to find the button!!?? Wi-Fi signal spotty and pretty much non-existent don't bother trying to use any of your devices like trying to play music or watch anything on a tablet. So glad we paid more for the "upgrade" to the room with fridge and pullout loveseat. You do not get what you pay for at this establishment. This is the second time I have been here for a reunion weekend and may re-think the third time, or at least ask for a significant discount next time so the cost equals the actual experience. The only plus is the walking distance to the town.

Room Tip: Great views. Walking distance to Main Street. Our pullout couch and fridge were both broken. No breakfast. Wi-Fi horrible.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2018

although I paid for a larger room (that I did not get) my overall experience was a good one. The hotel was clean, they served a delicious breakfast downstairs (not free) and the staff (sophie) was super friendly. Close to Cooperstown and The all star village. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Clarion Oneonta for a few nights . Love the location and it's accessibility to Main
Street and the bus from NYC .
But a few details that the hotel can do better. Eg Bottled water in the rooms or just providing a sign to inform guests where the vending machine is . The restaurant stopped serving breakfast at 9 am, which is a tad early I thought. The rooms are ok, though a little dated. Walls are thin and I could hear the conversations next door .

But this could well be the best option in Oneonta .

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Nothing special at all. Pool wasn't very clean, the bottom was rough and cut the kids feet. Rooms run down, wallpaper was peeling. Needs a remodel. Only one elevator took forever for it to show up. Not worth the $160 price tag.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Vincent S, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please feel free to contact my office to discuss this further. We want to retain you as a loyal guest.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The location is great since it is right in the middle of downtown. However, on weekends if you are on the Main Street side of the hotel you here all the weekend partiers doing the bar scene. You have to put on the ac or heater to drown out the street noise. Our room was extremely dirty with dust on most furniture and stains on the rug and love seat. Place needs a major upgrade. Walls are paper thin and you hear everything from the hallways. If you just need a place to crash and don't care about noise or room condition it's fine. If you like quiet, clean rooms, and free breakfast stay at the Hampton Inn.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family