All reviews downtown oneonta business traveler hotel is perfect the room was nice beds were comfortable clerk
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Great location with plenty of nearby restaurants and a great local coffee house. We stayed here while our son played baseball at Cooperstown All Star Village and couldn't have been happier. It's a real quick and easy drive back and forth so we could take breaks between games.
Hotel could use some updating but was very happy with the staff and bar and restaurant on site.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Vincent S, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you for relating your experience. We are glad you enjoyed our location and staff. Many guests find our downtown location and proximity to the All Star Village perfect for their needs. Come back soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Not a bad hotel but it needs work. It is old and run down. The wall paper is pelling off the walls, the carpets are worn, and the shower curtain rod was drooping,
Overall it was clean and not bad. I would say it it over priced. You can find better rooms a a lower cost near by.
The fact that this hotel is in the business district does not help it. Your view is not that spectacular- old run down building out one side, a parking lot out the other

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Vincent S, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Many thanks for your input. We are the downtown hotel for the area. Oneonta just received 14million dollars for downtown improvement from NYS. We are looking forward to many improvements in our surroundings. A new F&B Center is planned for the old warehouse down the street. I think you will see exciting times for the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I have stayed at the Clarion a number of times since it opened, and I guess that's the bottom line, I keep coming back. The location is right on Main Street, so very convenient to downtown, and easy access to the colleges. It can be a bit loud with some of the local bars nearby, but that hasn't been a problem for me. The rooms are large and comfortable, but I would say that they are a bit uneven in how they have been maintained. I do believe that they have been making a greater effort in terms of maintenance and customer service, which both seem to have improved in recent years. I probably would rate them 3.5 stars if TA had half stars, but dropped to 3 based on the rate of $195/night I paid this time, which I felt was high for this property.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Vincent S, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Thank you. We are pleased you find our location convenient to the local downtown attractions. I agree that the local bars can be louder than we would like, but we cannot control their business. We do value your continued and sustained patronage.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Hotel is a convenient place to stay in downtown Oneonta, but hotel has not been updated since it opened I feel. Two of the three phones in the room did not work. Toilet was not working properly. Overall room was clean. One elevator in entire hotel and it's slow. For the price I might consider staying outside next time.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Vincent S, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

We are pleased that you like our location and find it convenient. We also appreciate you find the hotel to be clean as well. We checked the phones and found one did not have the button fully depressed for line one causing the issue.

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

This is my first time staying at this hotel. I was very pleased with my stay. The check-in process was quick and accurate. My room was spacious, quiet and clean. The front desk staff were very polite and helpful. I am a business traveler and will stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your positive comments. We are quite proud of our front desk team. They are truly dedicated to being courteous and helpful. We sincerely look forward to serving you again in the near future.