“Great Restaurant”
Review of Q by Sauvage

Q by Sauvage
Ranked #66 of 125 Restaurants in Oneonta
Reviewed 17 February 2017

My first time to oneonta wow! thought i was in the south. Great bbq, great prices, cool dining room. They also make cider and distilled beverages in the back. worth the trip.

Reviewed 17 January 2017

We ate in that new restaurant in Ames Plaza. Its called Q by Sauvage. .On the table they have little bags of peanuts as a bonus. There is enough for about 4 peanuts per person if there are about 4 people at the table.(Our bag was like that anyway) We did not ask if we could have more.You had to circle the food you wanted on the menu and then pay at the bar. We each had one but the waitress said you could use ONE. So my husband and I did the same menu. They "forgot" his entree and we had to wait till they made one for him. It was self service for drinks that you had to pay for at the bar and you had to pay for a token to buy a beer. Ambiance was good (very pretty lights, a nice juke box , and an industrial type look)but they called your table number when the order was ready and you had to get it yourself. The bar tender and the cook smelled so much of cigarette smoke that my husband could smell them above the food. We had to seek out the condiments and get our own silverware. Meal was placed in those paper disposable french fry troughs. Paper napkins was a roll of brown paper towels on the wall that you had to rip off. The wait staff was friendly enough but didnt do much, but did say if there's anything they could do they would help. When we were looking for the condiments the wait staff could not be found. . The ambiance was nicely laid out in so far as tables and noise was low.,It was attractively arranged. restaurant was and well thought out, their business model needs work. They do not have a phone number or web page or posted hours of operation at this time. We drove by and saw the placard with Friday, Saturday dinner, and for Sunday Brunch. Their business model is self pick up for food (they call out your table number when your food is ready)and drinks including coffee, has to be paid for at the bar and brought to the table yourself (they have a coffee area where you pick it up yourself).I personally like to be waited on when I eat out and have my drinks brought to me and be served my food and have the condiments on the table. The food was "ok" atmosphere was nice. Prices were good.