“Staff negates any positives!”

Adirondack Lodge Old Forge
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Old Forge
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I have been going to the Adirondacks all my life. We have often rented summer homes for a week at a time and in the fall we frequently visit for a weekend, when we stay at one of the motels in town. I urge anyone considering a stay at the Adirondack Lodge to find another spot. The people who work at this lodging establishment are unquestionably the least friendly people I have ever encountered. Our recent visit was organized by my grown children as a birthday gift to me. My kids told me that their phone conversations with the reservations staff were unpleasant due to the curt, unfriendly manner of everyone they spoke with. When I checked in, the woman at the desk never smiled, never welcomed me, and didn't asked if I had any questions, or thank me for staying. Later that day, when looking for the ice machine, I asked a staff member to help me as the sign indicated that the machine was in one direction but I was unable to locate it. She said, "Well it isn't that way, you have to go inside and up the stairs" (the complete opposite direction indicated by the sign), as though I was a fool for not knowing that their sign was completely wrong. Before leaving on the last day of our stay, I stopped into the office and asked if they needed anything from me and the woman at the desk blankly looked at me and said, "No," in a tone that was nothing if not irritated. End of exchange. I am astounded that this place can stay in business. The staff is clearly over their jobs and should find another line of business - one that does not require any customer service.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Ec12354

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Nice rustic-looking features. First impression of room was very dark. Bathroom very small, but doable. I had a no smoking room, but people would be smoking outside and it seeped in. The bed was comfortable although the dark patterns of the comforter added to the darkness of the room. Breakfast was bleak.

The work table was a great size, big enough for two to work or dine. The bed was comfortable.

The biggest issue, though was no internet in the rooms! If I had internet it would have been a much better stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Everything Michele S said in her review, is right on! They need to hire new cleaners and a friendly front desk staff. Update their rooms - they stink! The only advantage is location and size of indoor pool for the kids.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank local323
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My husband & I have been to Old Forge many times and stayed in several different places. We thought we'd try The Adirondack lodge motel.
What a mistake!
The 1st thing we discovered was our windows & screens were left not attached to the window frame. We had to fix those so they would stay in. Then we looked around . Carpets and chair cushions stained and dirty. Dust under beds and around wall frames . I found a bottle cap , dust and debris around the bed. Splatters on the wall near the bed.
The mattresses were badly stained around the outsides, I was afraid to look under the sheets which seemed changed.
The comforter and shams were spotted and dirty. We hated,to have to sleep in those beds.
Hair and bugs on the bathroom floor. Did not smell very clean but didn't look too dirty.
There was a little hand print left on our mirror with a smiley face.
The ad said free WiFi but didn't tell you could only be gotten in the lobby.
Went to take a later evening swim. Pool room was about 100 degrees. Water in pool looked OK but felt cold compared to the heat in the room. We tried to enjoy it but couldnt. My husband called it digusting. I would have to agree.
If you like to stay in clean you won't like it here.
When I checked out the lady at the counter never asked how I liked my stay, or really said anything like hope you come again she just didn't seem to care.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Old Forge staple right here. Have been staying here for years during both the summer & winter.Centrally located and lots of parking. Snowmobile right from your room and park right next to your door. The indoor pool is great and the rooms are very clean. Can't go wrong with this wonderful place and our kids love it so much they never want to leave. The staff is incredibly nice and accommodating. The breakfast in the lobby is great with amazing donuts and great bagels. We will never stay elsewhere. Look no further if you are looking to plan a vacation. Book early as they fill quick! Very snowmobile friendly :) thank you

Stayed: August 2017
16.8 km away
Marina Motel
Marina Motel
#1 of 6 in Inlet

Been to Adirondack Lodge Old Forge? Share your experiences!