“This was golf?”
Review of Calypso's Cove

Calypso's Cove
Ranked #14 of 18 things to do in Old Forge
More attraction details
Owner description: Calypso's Cove Family Fun Center located directly in front of Enchanted Forest Water Safari in Old Forge, NY features Go-Karts, Bumper Boats, Batting Cages, Rock Climbing Wall, Mini Golf, Arcade, Prize Center, Pizza Hut Express, Ice Cream and more! Open afternoons and evenings end of June - Labor Day. Open Memorial Day Weekend weather permitting.New in 2013 - An all new Zip Line and a Trackside BBQ Menu with all the fixin's
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Went to play minature golf with grandkids. Not very well maintained. The layout was not very good. Our grandkids left a but frustrated and it was a ho hum experience.

1  Thank Jerry Z

Reviewed 5 July 2016

I will start with the bad, the food, is beyond terrible and the cost, ridiculous. I got a pulled pork sandwich with a frozen bun, the pizza looked and tasted like it was made five hrs prior, the cheese slice my daughter ate was disgusting. The $5 ICEE was the topping on the cake. Next the staff, 90% Russian or Bosnian, I thought it was some refugee camp, they spoke next to no English, one of the people running the cafe told me I had to eat my pulled pork sandwich with a frozen bun. Seriously guys that's who we want running the business during the busy season? The attractions were good, my daughter enjoyed them all, we did the go karts twice, played min-golf and did the Zip line. a little pricey but Old Forge is a tourist attraction, that's to be expected, poor food and non-English speaking attendants is not.

3  Thank Peter R
General M, General Manager at Calypso's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Peter, thank you for taking the time to review Calypso's Cove. Food is certainly a matter of opinion. And we are sorry that our food and service did not meet your standards. We just introduced a new pizza recipe and have had good reviews from others who have tried it. The pulled pork bun should not have been frozen and we are looking into why that would have ever occurred, doesn't seem possible. Personally, I eat all of the items above there myself and it has always been good. Your review would sound a little more understanding if you had not called our establishment "some refugee camp". Seems a little naive in this day and age. Yes we do have international students that work for us at Calypso's Cove. They are hard workers and some of our best. In fact one of our supervisors is an International team member who is awesome and has worked for us for several years to reach his supervisor status. Glad you liked the rides and we hope you will come and give us and our international staff another try.

Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

After the a Enchanted Forest ester park closes this is a great place to hang out and play arcade games and ride go karts. My family loves this place!

General M, General Manager at Calypso's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! We hope to see you again this summer!

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

We go several times a year, but thankfully we only have one child. The cost for each ride is pretty high. They should think about making their prices a little more reasonable & seiously upgrading that mini golf course... which is a real snoozer.

1  Thank Karen S
General M, General Manager at Calypso's Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We hope that you will visit us in the future and take advantage of some of our money saving options. We have bulk ticket pricing - the more tickets you buy, the more money you save! We have daily specials during the week for both food & attractions. Also, we have a Family Fun Deal which includes attraction tickets, arcade tokens, food & drink for 1 discounted price!

Reviewed 11 August 2015

Everything was great! Its lovely to have such a nice attraction right next door to Enchanted Forest Water Safari. I am glad my friends and I went there. The food was delicious and the activities were a lot of fun.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review! We're happy that you and your friends enjoyed the attractions & Pizza Hut express at Calypso's Cove! We hope to see you all again next summer!