“Must see event”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Every year the Snapper Inn has a special dinner when the Holiday Boats cruise down the river. The event ends with fireworks by Grucci! You can get up in between courses and see the boats and fireworks. Lots if fun.
The staff is helpful and knowledgeable and the food as always is great.
A great way to celebrate the holidays

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 6 November 2017

While I always enjoyed this restaurant in the past, good happy hour, great dinner, wonderful brunch, I was shocked by the food at the Halloween Dinner. I knew it was a buffet when I bought the tickets, and since the breakfast buffet was well done, I expected good food. I was so wrong. The buffet contained these items: chicken "Francaise" (a bland chicken with no sauce--no butter/wine sauce, just tasteless chicken), roast beef (also completely devoid of flavor), roasted potatoes (bland and spongey--probably cooked much, much earlier), broccoli, salad, a casserole-ish dish of unidentifiable seafood (also pretty bland), and no bread. I'm sure The Snapper had this catered because I've never had this low-quality food at their restaurant. Let's just say, I am extremely disappointed in you, Snapper!

Date of visit: October 2017
Snapper I, Manager at Snapper Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Here at The Snapper Inn we pride ourselves on a high level of food and service. This is why I am slightly confused about your review. Our staff checked on every table that night and everyone raved about the buffet & passed hors d'oeuvres. Our Menu was carefully planned out to insure the satisfaction of a large group. On our buffet we had sliced prime rib with horseradish cream sauce & Au jus on the side, seafood jambalaya that I heard people raving about and chicken francaise and penne ala vodka which are great choices for larger groups that many people also commented about. As well as high end passed hors d'oeuvres. I would be happy to take any suggestion you may have for next year. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

had an 8 oclock reservation for 2, on Saturday 10/28, walked right in, reservation definitely not needed. the restaurant itself actually looked nice, a bit dated but cozy. I had my hopes up. the service was awfull. I actually asked the waiter if he forgot about us. wife got the swordfish special, I got the stuffed shrimp with lobster risotto. both sounded really good. both very disappointing. mine, dry shrimp with hard risotto balls, not a trace of lobster. her special was a bit better. both very disappointing. we left and got dessert down the block. total waste of a baby sitter.

Date of visit: November 2016
3  Thank scawner
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

We attended the Snapper Inns Halloween costume party. It was a very good time. We got a group of friends and booked a table. They had passed hors d'œuvres to start. Our waitresses provided table service for our drinks. The dinner buffet had a little of everything. The food was very good.

The dj kept everyone dancing til after the party was scheduled to end. There were prizes for best costumes. It was an excellent night.

1  Thank lollygal
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

As always with the Snapper you get the ambience of the water. Also the Snapper has excellent servers who give you the Country Club Member feel. The Brunch was excellent with plenty of choices. It is the way a quality restaurant should be. A bit on the pricey side especially if you don’t partake in Champagne or Mimosa’s but still a very good Brunch.