“LOOK AT THE WEATHER FORECAST FIRST”
Review of View

View
Reserve with OpenTable
View is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Oakdale
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: View, located in Oakdale, offers diners top-notch seafood with a breathtaking view of the Great South Bay. The menu consists of small and big plate options, from the land and the sea, as well as a sushi bar.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Its definitely the "view" that is the most attractive attribute. We went on a very windy day so we couldn't take advantage of the outside tables. The menu was limited and I personally didn't care for the shrimp cocktail. I do not like defrosted shrimp with ketchup. It gives me an unsophisticated touch to start off. My guests did enjoy the tacos and mixed seafood dish. It was hit or miss....my short ribs were very fatty, the coffee was watery and we had a trainee as a server so it was a bumpy road. keep in mind I did give it a four because of the view and the food and wine wasn't bad, it was either extremely good or mediocre....the four of us left satisfied but wished we didn't pick a windy day so check the weather first and make sure outside is available.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Took my two new college grads and the rest of the family for a celebration dinner. Great view of the water, decor was very nice, staff was terrific. We had a ten dinner order and not one was a bit.
Menu is limited. We were disappointed. I dropped $425.00 for not much. We will not return.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

This place made an incredible first impression on me. Was a bit busy when we walked in but they sat us immediately. From the hostess to the bus boy to the waitress we received immediate attention. We sat outside and watched boats going back and forth. We asked the waitress for suggestions and she was spot on . Food was excellent. Can’t wait to go again

1  Thank Jim1187
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

I have reviewed this place previously and this time the trip was better. First, it was a perfect weekday night so outdoor seating was ideal. Second, stuck to some basics which were known to be good from past visits. It was one business guest with me. We split the cold seafood tower. Excellent. Instead of regular entrees, we split a couple of sushi rolls (both excellent) and the duck tacos (also very good). Third, service was better this time around (it was not too busy). So, it was very good. Wish the menu was a little more varied in particular with more seafood options. Whatever was on the menu was good. Though service was very good this visit, I wish it were more consistent. May come back again most likely during the outdoor seating seasons and on a weeknight.

1  Thank mitchm11741
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

The View has the best Sunday Brunch. We spent a very nice Sunday afternoon here today. The brunch is a buffet with everything you could ask for. There was sushi, salads, bagels, an omelette station ,brisket, chicken cordon blu and assorted desserts. Everything was delicious