“Authentic neighborhood Irish pub”

Old village inn nyack ny
Ranked #17 of 84 Restaurants in Nyack
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

I come here frequently. Consistently good pub food and great, friendly service with a very casual and cozy atmosphere. And they make the best Irish coffee! Always lots of regulars at the bar. It's an old standby for my family.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

My husband and I met his brother here for dinner on a Sunday night and had a great experience! The men each ordered a Guinness and we were all amazed by the shamrocks in the foam of the beer....so amazed that we got up from our table to watch the bartender, Ronan, make a shamrock in the foam by moving his hand as the beer poured from the tap not once, but twice! The owner, Caroline, was very friendly and willing to take the time to talk to us about her wonderful place. The two waitresses we spoke with were friendly and helpful as well. We highly recommend the wings (I liked medium, the men liked hot....even though I think the medium still had a little kick to them) as well as the chicken pot pie and the shepard's pie. I had a pear cider from a New York brewing company and loved it! Also, the restaurant has a great location on Main Street. We were here the day of the Nyack street fair and loved that we could walk around before and after dinner and see so many little shops. We will be back!

1  Thank lauradrake124
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

From the traditional Classic Irish Pub food - Bangers and Mash to a Bizarre and Crazy Concoction - that Really Works - Massuman Curry over French Fries!!! This Very small Backtoom dinning room- is a local hangout - for us for over 16 years!! I have been taking family and friends here for a perfect night out without paying The typical Nyack Overpriced Plates. All the food is amazing- my top pick over all in Nyack.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

The food here is consistently good. I have been here many times and have tried almost everything on the menu and there is nothing that I would not have again. Some of my favorites are the beef and carrot pie, the Mexican Burger and the curry; they also have the best wings in Rockland county, in my opinion. What is also great is that their kitchen is open late, so if you need to have a bar pie or fish and chips at 3 am this is the place to go, it reminds me of why I love to live in New York. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

Are you in the mood for a friendly vibe with authentic Irish fare? This is the right place! I'm not marketing for OVI; I'm just a long time customer from a neighboring town and this is my favorite place to go to feel good after a long day. The food is fresh as can be. My fave is the chicken quesadilla although the bangers and mash, Shepherds Pie, and even the stew is superb! You'll also get nice, friendly service.

1  Thank Sherry C

Been to Old village inn nyack ny? Share your experiences!