“Be aware”
Review of China Famous Foods

China Famous Foods
Ranked #64 of 201 Restaurants in Fira
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We tried this restaurant when it was not too busy as we had heard good things about it and it was popular. We were shown to our table and given the menus but then it took 15 minutes for them to come over just to see if we wanted a drink. The menu was basically written with no additional information about what was in the dishes so here is my warning! We ordered king po chicken that came with peanuts in so be aware if you have a peanut allergy as no warnings are given. It also contained something that I can only describe as an anniseed pod that I crunched into and this turned my whole mouth numb. My wife had a similar experience on a lesser scale after trying the same dish. From that point on it ruined the meal as I didn't trust the food ingredients, which was a shame as it looked quite nice. In fact in their defence the sweet and sour soup starter has been the best I've tried for a long while. The service was poor in that we also received our mains before we had finished the starter. I think they were busy preparing for a larger sitting even though it was not that full. Probably worth a go and I hope you have a better experience than us.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Super tasty Barbecue Ribs it's very delicious and best way to mix with rice I love this 好好味的醬香排骨

Reviewed 17 December 2017

We visited at least three times this place for lunch and dinner and every time we ate, our expectations exceeded. Do not expect any fancy fittings but this small but neat and clean restaurant serves some yummy Chinese food.

The owner (I think) a Chinese lady was a very courteous and her assistant a local Greek young guy was super friendly. Real value for money.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend this restaurant the food is excellent and so tasty, the dishes are good makes a change from the standard greek food found in most of the restaurants

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

I went to Santorini with my boyfriend for our thanksgiving vacation and want to find a restaurant to get lunch. This restaurant is a well known Chinese restaurant in Fira so we decided to give it a try. We ordered a large portion of Sichuan spicy steampot and a spicy chicken appetizer. The service was quick and we got our food very fast even though this place was full of customers at that time. The food is definitely authentic. I miss Chinese food so bad after I have been away from home for so long. This meal was very satisfying and I would definitely come back before I leave. The staff is also very friendly and he can speak Chinese. Overall, it definitely worth trying and I personally think that it is the best Chinese restaurant in town.