“Highly recommended ”

Ellinikon Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 202 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

From the time we decided to have a very late lunch/early dinner here we enjoyed every second of it. Reading the negative reviews here I am flabergasted. Andreas was the perfect host who could converse with most guests frequenting the establishment in their home language. Having the ability to speak 6 languages including Chinese. Our Dutch waitron made some good recommendations, we had the fried feta in phyllo pastry which we shared. I opted for the lamb souvlaki which was superb. The lamb melted in your mouth. It was very tasty. My husband went for the pork souvlaki which he raved about. We were given a vanilla cake drizzled with a honeyed sauce on the house and it was heavenly. We were just as happy with the beer the waitron recommended as they did not have alfa beer. All round good experience and if I have the chance to visit Santorini again I will most definitely go back.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Rene K

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I was having most of my meals there while i stayed on the island.. the staff is really friendly Andreas and Voula service is over the tops and the food is tradional and Greek.. I recoment the Mousaka and the Pastitsio wich you should definitely try while in greece !!!

1  Thank Nikos P
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Walked by around 4 in the afternoon and decided to go in because we saw that they serve pasticcio and I’ve been wanting to try it.

Not a good experience from the get-go. The owner of the place took our order and when I ordered only the pasticcio, he asked, only one dish for two people? I said yes and he continued to stand there and looked at me with what I can only describe as an unhappy expression. I felt compelled to explain that we had already had lunch and this was just a snack. Which shouldn’t be something I needed to do in the first place.

When my boyfriend asked the waitress for the wifi password she very grudgingly gave it to him.

We waited for almost 15 minutes for our food, which was a bit ridiculous considering all they had to do was scoop it up from the tray in the display case and heat it up. We could see the whole tray of it there and the servers weren’t doing anything to prepare the dish for us.

When they finally got round to doing it, and the dish finally came out of the microwave, it was awful. Rubbery and with only little bits of meat in it. The best description of it would be something you can probably buy from Tescos and heat up yourself at home, and that would still taste better. This one was dry and we couldn’t identify where the bechamel sauce was. All for €10.

Not a good experience.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff amazing food wonderful atmosphere me and my wife came here off the street with out searching it made me want to write this review

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Our family loved eating at Ellinikon! We were greeted at the door by Andreas who guided us through the menu of traditional Greek and specifically Santorinian dishes which we enjoyed tremendously. We sampled a variety of entrees after the fried tomato balls as our appetizer.

The setting (right in the middle of Fira) is a perfect place to people watch with activity along the street filled with shops and street vendors. The small, quaint streets and the candles at each of the tables also made it a romantic setting - even with the kids!

We'd certainly return to Ellinkon again!

Date of visit: March 2018