Booked based on the reviews here, the place is decent but then again most places in Oia are. And they double booked one of our rooms.
We initially booked for four nights, three in a Cave Executive and the final night in the one Cave Grand Suite with Private Pool which they have.
We arrived a bit early and were given a good introduction to the resort and Oia in general. We wandered off for some lunch and came back to be escorted to our room. The room was small but enough for the two of us, one thing it lacked was tea and coffee making facilities. The outdoor hot tub was fabulous and we spent most of our time in it, it was a little too warm on certain days but this was fixed by the very helpful staff.The view from the tub was great however, like with most places in Oia, it lacks privacy, people walk right past you. At first this was a bit odd but then we got used to it.
Breakfast was excellent on all three days. We chose to have lunch and dinner outside as Oia has some very good dining options so cannot comment on the food at Filotera.
Come our final night, we were looking forward to moving to the Cave Grand given the private pool and we checked with the reception in the morning and they said we can move early as the room was vacant. So when we did decide to move at 10am, we were surprised to be escorted to a Cave Grand without the pool, when I highlighted we had booked the room with the private pool, the reception manager (believe his name was Kiriakos) ran up to check and returned to say we had indeed booked it but he cannot give it to us as someone else had booked it and was arriving in half hour. We had to take the one without the pool. He said he cannot do anything as the reservation system had double booked the room and its not his fault. So all of sudden we were made to feel that somehow this is our fault. We then said we didn't want this room and wanted to go back to the previous room as the hot tub in this one was not private at all, he said he's not sure and will check. He came back and said its fine and he will refund the difference. So back we went to our previous room. This all left a bad taste and we didn't really want to stay in Filotera anymore so I quickly checked availability and found the honey moon suite in the excellent Santorini Secret (which is right next door) available so we packed up and left. Filotera agreed to refund the full fee for the room for that night, so it ended ok.
The room issue came close to ruining the whole holiday and the way it was dealt with wasn't great. Whats worse is that I had emailed ahead to confirm the room bookings and Filotera emailed back saying everything was booked and confirmed we had he one with the private pool for the final night. I guess they thought we looked like we could be pushed around and it was only for one night so rather than tell the incoming guests they had screwed up the reservations they decided to short change us.
Would I go back, no. There are better places in Oia and I am sure they will deal with situations like this far better.
A warning, most of the hot tubs have zero privacy, people walk right past you as there is a walkway in front. The only ones with a bit of privacy are the Cave Executives and these are the cheapest and in my opinion best value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portray your Santorini holiday with exclusive experiences. Santorini... A half-moon shaped paradise with dove-white houses and superb suites, engulfed by the calm cobalt blue Aegean Sea and cherishing volcanic sandy beaches all around. A magical place on earth, an island that constitutes a top international destination seen in personal wish-lists of millions of people worldwide! You have made your dream come true and you are finally here! This small island certainly looks nothing like what you have left back home. You are not only mesmerized by the beauty of the 'black diamond' of the Aegean, but eager with enthusiasm to portray your holidays with exclusive experiences. Oia Luxury Suites are waiting for you! Brand new. Unbeatably luxurious. Memorable holidays in the Aegean archipelago. Relax and take a breath of fresh air. The landscapes will overwhelm you, the sunsets will enchant you, the history will fascinate you! You have made the perfect decision, having selected to stay at a beautiful boutique hotel in the atmospheric settlement of Oia in Santorini - the heavenly, brand new Filotera Suites, which is bound to offer you an incredible and memorable stay, thanks to its quality services and its perfect Oia private pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Filotera Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Filotera Villas Hotel Oia
- Filotera Suites Oia, Santorini, Greece