“Great villa, perfect view”
Review of Chelidonia Villas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oia
Chelidonia Villas
Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed in "villa xl" for 4 nights in mid July with our 2 teenagers. This was our first destination on our 2 week island hopping.
The villa was really beautiful, and the view from the terrace was breathtaking. The villa was very centrally located, just a few flight of steps down from the main street of Oia.
During our stay we booked a catamaran caldera tour through the hotel. Before booking we were a bit worried if the large boat would feel too crowded and considered a smaller boat. However the hotel recommended booking the day tour which would properly be less crowded. Thank you! This tour was just perfect. We were only 10 people on this fabulous large catamaran. Great value. When the tour ended 40-50 people were waiting for the sunset tour!
We also tried some of the restaurants recommended by the hotel and they were really nice. My personal favorite is Petros which serves really nice fish dishes.
This was the most expensive hotel on our holiday - but it certainly was great value. The villa was perfect and so was the location. And the Caldera view from the terrace ... I just wish I was sitting on the terrasse right now!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank family_hd

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Superb accommodations and warm hospitality from all the staff. Our room was renarkedably clean and unique. The morning breakfast was delicious including a variety of fresh fruits, breads, eggs, cheese and beverages. The infinity pool just a few steps from our room was wonderful. We will definetly be coming back for another stay. . Loved it!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Oia is the place to be in Santorini, and Chelidonia Villas one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed at. Quietly located, but only 1 minute from the main street. Our efficiency rental was simple but very tasteful done, a cave build into the mountain. The views from the apartment, and the gorgeous deck were breath-taking. The owners were friendly and helpful, and we did not miss anything--this is just no luxury hotel. i.e. perfect if you don't expect a lot of amenities or service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank german_in_nyc
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My husband and I went to Oia as part of our honeymoon in July. You can request for pick-up on arrival, which costs 25 Euros. The drive is about 40 minutes from the airport. On the way you will see the main town of Fira, and you may start to think that maybe you should have been more centrally located, which is exactly what we thought as we drove more than 20 minutes past FIra to our hotel. However, we quickly learned that Oia is by far the most beautiful part of the island, and people from Fira flock daily there to view the sunset and stroll through streets. There is more than enough restaurants, bars and things to do in Oia, and if you want, FIra is only a bus or taxi ride away.

The apartments are carved into the hillside and all face the caldera. The hotel consists of independent apartments, that are simple and tastefully decorated. The bed was amazingly comfortable, the a/c worked well, and the kitchen was well-equipped for cooking. Bathroom was very large and well-maintained. Wifi is also available and works quite well if you are outside, but inside you may face connectivity issues. Either bring along a cable or request the owner for one if you plan on using internet inside.

A complimentary bottle of wine, some milk, coffee, tea and fruits were in the kitchen when we arrived. The owner of the hotel is local and the residences have been in his family for generations and they take great care and pride in maintaing the property. He even came by one evening with wine he had just made himself and offered us a bottle. He also recommended some restaurants, one of which we went back to several times. It is called Skala, and is located 2 minutes away from the hotel.

It is very hot in Santorini in the summers and the Bay is a perfect place to spend the hot day. The beaches nearby are all very rocky and rough, whereas at the Bay you can just jump right into calm waters. To get there, walk down the steps to Ammoudi Bay and take a left at the bottom. Walk past the restaurant and you will see a path. Be sure to wear proper shoes as you do have to climb over some rocks to get to the Bay. The way up is a long way. You can either walk up, hire a donkey, or request a shopkeeper to call a taxi. The taxi ride up is 8-10 Euros, which is pretty expensive given it is only a 3 minutes drive.

Overall, highly recommended!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank UjalaQ
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I visited Oia last September and stayed at the most remarkable place. Chelidonia is wonderful. I had a large room with a very comfortable bed, a kitchenette and a large bathroom. There was a patio in front with chairs, a table and umbrella. The view from my patio was amazing. I would arise each morning before sunrise, make coffee provided by the owners, sit on my patio and watch the most beautiful colors travel across the caldera. The owners were so friendly and helpful and I used their recommendations a lot. They have a satellite phone that is free, so I could call my husband in Spain and talk for a long time free! Wifi was free, also, so I could stay connected with home. The local restaurants had fresh produce and very good food and drink. Everyone in Oia was friendly. I went on a sailboat excursion, had dinner on Amoudi beach with a wonderful of the sunset. Before dinner, I sipped on the white wine I received as a welcome gift. This is a perfect place for someone to go alone as I did. I would love to return to Chelidonia one day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo