All reviewscave houseliving roomprivate terracecarry our bagssmall kitchenperfect place to stayviews are breathtakingfresh towelseach morningmobility issuescar rentalyogurterikarosexlstepscaldera
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Superb accommodations and warm hospitality from all the staff. Our room was renarkedably clean and unique. The morning breakfast was delicious including a variety of fresh fruits, breads, eggs, cheese and beverages. The infinity pool just a few steps from our room was wonderful. We will definetly be coming back for another stay. . Loved it!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Oia is the place to be in Santorini, and Chelidonia Villas one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed at. Quietly located, but only 1 minute from the main street. Our efficiency rental was simple but very tasteful done, a cave build into the mountain. The views from the apartment, and the gorgeous deck were breath-taking. The owners were friendly and helpful, and we did not miss anything--this is just no luxury hotel. i.e. perfect if you don't expect a lot of amenities or service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank german_in_nyc
Reviewed 18 July 2012

My husband and I went to Oia as part of our honeymoon in July. You can request for pick-up on arrival, which costs 25 Euros. The drive is about 40 minutes from the airport. On the way you will see the main town of Fira, and you may start to think that maybe you should have been more centrally located, which is exactly what we thought as we drove more than 20 minutes past FIra to our hotel. However, we quickly learned that Oia is by far the most beautiful part of the island, and people from Fira flock daily there to view the sunset and stroll through streets. There is more than enough restaurants, bars and things to do in Oia, and if you want, FIra is only a bus or taxi ride away.

The apartments are carved into the hillside and all face the caldera. The hotel consists of independent apartments, that are simple and tastefully decorated. The bed was amazingly comfortable, the a/c worked well, and the kitchen was well-equipped for cooking. Bathroom was very large and well-maintained. Wifi is also available and works quite well if you are outside, but inside you may face connectivity issues. Either bring along a cable or request the owner for one if you plan on using internet inside.

A complimentary bottle of wine, some milk, coffee, tea and fruits were in the kitchen when we arrived. The owner of the hotel is local and the residences have been in his family for generations and they take great care and pride in maintaing the property. He even came by one evening with wine he had just made himself and offered us a bottle. He also recommended some restaurants, one of which we went back to several times. It is called Skala, and is located 2 minutes away from the hotel.

It is very hot in Santorini in the summers and the Bay is a perfect place to spend the hot day. The beaches nearby are all very rocky and rough, whereas at the Bay you can just jump right into calm waters. To get there, walk down the steps to Ammoudi Bay and take a left at the bottom. Walk past the restaurant and you will see a path. Be sure to wear proper shoes as you do have to climb over some rocks to get to the Bay. The way up is a long way. You can either walk up, hire a donkey, or request a shopkeeper to call a taxi. The taxi ride up is 8-10 Euros, which is pretty expensive given it is only a 3 minutes drive.

Overall, highly recommended!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank UjalaQ
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I visited Oia last September and stayed at the most remarkable place. Chelidonia is wonderful. I had a large room with a very comfortable bed, a kitchenette and a large bathroom. There was a patio in front with chairs, a table and umbrella. The view from my patio was amazing. I would arise each morning before sunrise, make coffee provided by the owners, sit on my patio and watch the most beautiful colors travel across the caldera. The owners were so friendly and helpful and I used their recommendations a lot. They have a satellite phone that is free, so I could call my husband in Spain and talk for a long time free! Wifi was free, also, so I could stay connected with home. The local restaurants had fresh produce and very good food and drink. Everyone in Oia was friendly. I went on a sailboat excursion, had dinner on Amoudi beach with a wonderful of the sunset. Before dinner, I sipped on the white wine I received as a welcome gift. This is a perfect place for someone to go alone as I did. I would love to return to Chelidonia one day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We were very happy with our selection. Their office is right on the main street and it has to be the cutest office/reception ever!
We arranged an airport pick up with the owner (25 Euros total, you will not find a better price) and they also took care of our luggage.
Chelidonia Villas is just a few steps away from the main place and Parking lot where all the buses and taxis stop/park. Very central location, still, it is a quiet place. The villa was very clean and you have everything you need to cook a meal. They have villas that are reachable only a few steps down or like the one we wanted - more steps but very private. All the villas have the best view in town. The owner was very informative, we loved the food at the restaurants he suggested. I think Santorini has really great food for the price.
I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: I'd say all the rooms are quiet and they all have a fantastic view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple