“Pathetic, obnoxious and rude.”
Review of Nectar and Ambrosia - CLOSED

Nectar and Ambrosia
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nectar & Ambrosia is Closed for the Season 2013. Watch for our reopening date on TripAdvisor. Our sister restaurant AMBROSIA Restaurant is open in Oia for fine dining and unique views.
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My wife and I dress very smartly, have travelled around the world and ate in some of the most prestigious restaurants to the basic.
Last night we were with our three month old son, who was asleep in his pram. We were on our fourth night out in Oia and have had some excellent meals in the likes of floga, 1800 etc
I stopped outside the restaurant pushing the pram, my wife entered, spoke to a waiter who said there was no problem so I entered.
We were ignored for a few minutes by this older waiter whose only words were "you're in my way, I need to serve these" as he carried plates through the restaurant.
I asked which table should we sit at, as we continued to be ignored. Maybe this was because I had a pram who knows. By this point everyone in the restaurant was staring as I'm standing in the middle of the aisle waiting to be shown to my table.
The waiter came back over, ignored me again and walked towards my wife and said "I don't think this is going to work out".
I said why did you say it was fine to come in then, to be replied with a shrug of the shoulders.
I looked at the faces of the people eating, none of whom looked very happy and their food looked poor anyway.
I would rather eat at restaurants like we have done every other night an had excellent food with smiles on their faces than step foot in nectar and ambrosia and I suggest you do the same.

7  Thank dexterabn
TonyNectar, Owner at Nectar and Ambrosia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you for your comments, although under the tables's romantic candlelights the quick encounter may have been confused. I am the "older waiter" and actually the only waiter that evening; a night when our 9 tables were all with reservations. Your wife asked for a table for two - and I offered the only table for two (the guests were late) and then she said you also had a baby - I exceptionally offered the table of four (usually held for four guests) with a sofa, assuming the child could sit on the sofa. Our terrace is small, you and the pram (a surprise to me) arrived when I was attempting to serve heavy plates to a table. Apology now if my first priority was to serve seated guests and I didn't have time to fully understand your party's needs. I know you didn't intend to block my only access. I think you agree that the size of the pram and the space available around the table wasn't a fit - hence my " I don't see HOW this is going to work out." Almost the same quote - but I simply didn't see how we could accommodate the pram and as the infant was sleeping, it was obvious the sofa couldn't assist. The pram would have been next to the neighbouring table as well - which I think you understood once you came onto the terrace from the pathway. Perhaps, if we all had a few more minutes to communicate prior to the pram being put on the terrace - we could have found a different solution.
As to your review of our other guests's experiences and the quality of our food - I understand your frustration but as two of the tables booked again for the following night, I don't think it is an accurate comment.
Is it really fair to rank a restaurant's Value, Food, etc on TripAdvisor without any direct experience ?
We found an infant's white knitted cap on the pathway and have it at the restaurant in case you lost one. We can post it if you wish.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Atmosphere was good and the food tasty. Entree salads are large so be careful or share. Mains were tasty and enjoyable. Service was good but the local wine was average. Cost is a bit more than others in the area but worth it for the food and atmosphere.

1  Thank Europeoz
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Following tripadvisor reviews, we made reservations for Nectar & Ambrosia for the friday night my wife and I were in Santorini. It was the end of our week there, and it was a great meal to end it on. The fried feta honey dish is a must have.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

we just came back from a great dinner at this lovely restaurant. the food was very good, the english waiter polite and discrete. we were happy to escape the traditional greek dishes for one. we had the lemony taboulé, the feta cheese with black sesame and honey, spinach ravioli and shrimp linguini. all accompagnied by a bottle of shiraz and merlot. a really good meal, would come back although it is a bit more expensive than the places we visited before in imerovigli and fira.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

we happened to find this one by chance but it ended up being our favorite restaurant during our entire stay on Santorini. the food is amazing, well prepared and very fresh. the service was spot on. very nice vibe and on the main strip just before you get to the south end of oia. go here..you wont be disappointed.

1  Thank Darren_Seattle