“A quaint restaurant overlooking the ocean on the outside of the caldera”
Review of Finikia Restaurant

Finikia Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 99 Restaurants in Oia
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of the Oia main drag and this seemed like the perfect place. This is one mile or a half hour walk from Oia, in the next village to the east. This restaurant is also attached to the hotel. Unlike Oia, this place overlooks the "outer side" of the Caldera so you get a pretty sunset without the crowds of Oia.
We had the fried feta which was the best dish: lightly breaded and honey on top. The octopus appetizer felt a little short of the great tasting I had in Amoudi. My main entree was the fried calamari which was ample in size ( I couldn't finish it ) but nothing to ride home about. As always the hospitality was great ( they even offered blankets when I was too cold sitting on the windswept outside patio),
The prices were good the food was decent but I was not amazed by it.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

This restaurant is on the Hotel grounds Finikia Memories Hotel. The food is so good, we meet two local restaurant owners that frequently eat there. Wood stove cooks some incredible meat dishes. Try the Octopus, my wife ate it almost daily, it's that good. Can't get that in Colorado, USA. The staff are fast, sweet courteous, we wanted to take them home with us. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

The food is good.. you can view the sunset from one side of the restaurant.. some good live music.. the staff brings a small flag to keep at your table from the country you belong to.. they click your picture and have a huge library of photos which they have clicked with all there customers.. some are even put up on the wall.. it was my bday and they got me a cake and sang for me too!

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Surprise and delight great food excellent staff and fabulous views. Book the table with the sofa much better than battling the crowds in Ioa

Reviewed 21 July 2018

After arriving in Oia we ate there for our first meal staff very friendly,good food,beer & wine ok, great views of the sunset.prices quit reasonable we both had the burger good portions.