All reviews overland tour nice balcony beach volleyball beach towels full moon party couple of nights white sand indian ocean nets cocktails
Reviewed 15 May 2018

This hotel has definitely seen better days - it feels neglected and run down. The rooms were fiarly clean but felt quite shabby.The staff were friendly, and the restuarant area not too bad, though the food was pretty average. The beach area and bar are nice, and it is ideally located next to Kendwa Rocks (just a short walk along the beach). This might be a good place for travellers on a shoestring budget or those staying only a few nights, but for a longer holiday you might be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Since we were in an overland tour, this was the resort that the tour let us stay. The bar is cool. The room has a nice balcony. The door of the fridge in my room couldn’t stayed closed. I had to push it towards the corner and had it face the wall in order to keep it closed. I walked back to my room at midnight and noticed there was someone sleeping under the staircase in front of my room so I went back to the bar and had my friend walked me back to my room. The WiFi wasn’t very strong but better than nothing. Our group decided to have Seafood bbq at the restaurant by the beach and the food was terrible. My friends ordered burgers and he said it was the worst meal he had in Africa. I ordered a BbQ seafood platter and everything was over cooked. The fish was so dry that every time I ate a piece, I needed to sip some beer to swallow it. The drinks from the bar were quite good though. The beach was nice with sun beds. I do not particularly like sunset but this is the best sunset I ever seen so far. The food was alright but it took so long and also it took them forever to process our payment but that’s pretty common in Africa.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

This is a great location with spacious rooms and bathroom. The shower was dated but otherwise a good bathroom. Comfortable bed, clean and nicely furnished, with a good balcony. Our airconditioning was just enough to keep cool although we noted there were rooms had newer air con units. Also the fridge in our room did not work (it wasn't on upon arrival but even once turned on nothing happens)

However the service was useless. We had washing done and 2 items were lost, they told us to pay once they located the items, when we checked back at the time they stated they had found 1 of the 2 items but wanted payment which I declined until all items were found which they weren't.

The breakfast was horrible, some mushy noodles, potatoes and beans, you could order eggs but then they ran out of eggs. The toaster didn't work and cereal was an extra charge.

The wifi didn't work during the 3 days we were here and the bar ran out of juice during happy hour hence taking most cocktails off the menu. The juice conveniently arrived once happy hour finished.

Also they never had towels for the beach, we waited 3 hours of the guy saying 10 minutes until they arrive but they never did.

On a little side note also just be aware of rocks/concrete when swimming, as an Aussie we went out a little deep (maybe 25m from shore) only to find my leg kicking into a huge rock/concrete object about a metre under the surface, it left a good graze and bruise.

With so many options on Zanzibar you can certainly do better than staying here

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

They didn’t want to give us the deluxe room we booked and we had to argue for it and threaten to leave. Their restaurant manager was super stingy and kept refusing to give us milk for the baby even though we were offering to pay for it, and she was harsh with the staff. The rooms were a bit shabby with broken shower handles, weak air con, and torn towels, broken beach chairs, and bottle caps and cigarette butts EVERYWHERE. That said, it could be a nice place for young travelers on a budget. The bar was busy and sounded like fun every night, and the sand is soft and the water clear.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We were here after Kilimanjaro climb to relax and enjoy.
Rooms in Bungalow was good and clean. Comfortable beds but very old
Beach was very nice (Recommend to see)
Breakfast was not so big. But you can survive
Rest was food was ok. But nothing special

For few days rest it’s ok place.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family