All reviews goat island within walking distance hotel restaurant parking fee rainbow bridge state park visitor center falls niagara canada arcade mist fireworks attractions cave border trolley
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Decor is 1970’s. Elevators cannot keep up. View is worst ever. Staff don’t care about guests. You’d expect a bargain for all this, but well over $300 USD for 2 nights! Go to the Canadian side for great hotels and great customer service.

Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Superint,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to read that our facilities and services did not live up to your expectations. Please allow me to follow up on your concerns and have the opportunity to regain your faith in us. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain additional information.

We appreciate you as our guest and look forward to your response.

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 October 2018

Very good Hotel. Staff pleasant, room clean, good size. No complaints at all.
They have safe deposit box's at reception, but only big enough for passports, wallets, small purses..not big enough for an Ipad.
Great location for the Falls. The Falls information centre is very close by and its just a 5 minute stroll down to the river , where the excitement begins ! The Falls themselves are just 10 min walk from the Hotel.
We still took a tour - on one of the days we were there...and that was fantastic.
Only slight disappointment was the Restaurant franchise - "Anchor" ?
The breakfasts were very good...but not keen on the ambience...several TV's playing, different channels (no sound) and it was always so cold in there. Chilly Autumn days, is Aircon required ? At least turn the temperature up and save some dollars !

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2018

From our arrival until our departure two days later this was the perfect choice for our visit. The front desk staff were THE BEST! The girl that checked us in and out was amazing! She was so welcoming, hospitable and sincere. She noticed we were from Pennsylvania and chatted with us about her family in the area (which happened to be where I grew up). I highly recommend staying here and will return here in December.

Room tip: Rooms facing the river afford a view of the lights and fireworks displays.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Stayed here for two nights in order to spend a day in Niagara.

Staff very helpful on check in & helped confirm our tour of the falls with Gary line Tours.

Rooms well appointed & comfortable as we have come to expect with this group.

Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel based on location as none of the US side hotels have a view of the falls.

Room tip: Front Canada facing rooms are better than just looking at the car park.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Good bargain in compared to other hotel prices. Parking is a small fee of $10 which is inexpensive when compared to other nearby public lots. I found the room to be very clean and the bed was comfortable. Close walking distance to falls and nearby restaurants. If you're going to the falls, stay on the Canadian side - much prettier and less sketchy. But if you are staying on the U.S. side, this would be a good choice.

The only negatives included the annoying fan noise in the bathroom, which was one switch for light/fan. It was high pitched and grating. A big negative for our group was every television in the lobby, rooms, etc., default was Fox News. No. Just no. Turning on the tv to that every time was hard to handle. Any other station would be an improvement. Plus they were doing maintenance, which can't be helped but took a way from the experience a bit.

Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at The Holiday Inn Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Hi JezziJo,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part your visit to Niagara Falls. We are grateful that you've chosen the Holiday Inn. How was the trip? I'm sure it was fantastic!

As always, we wanted nothing more but to ensure your experience turn as positive as possible. Though it made me smile that you were satisfied with the room upkeep, bed comfort, and our distance with the falls, I'm sorry that it wasn't the same story all throughout. I read that you felt uneasy with the noise coming from the bathroom fan, the default television channel, and the ongoing maintenance. I certainly regard these, JezziJo. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as perfectly as planned.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and be discussed amongst all concerned staff. We are always on the lookout for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve.

We may not have gotten off the right foot but I'm positive to make it better for your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,