See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 August 2015

This hotel is in pretty bad shape. The hallways reek of smoke. There are mice running around. The railings are loose and the carpeting is worn. The ice machine was out of order, and the vending machine was empty. In the room, the furniture was dented and had spots where the stain had worn off. My blanket was covered in cigarette burns. The shower had missing and chipped wall tiles and was covered in mold. Bizarrely, the bathroom counter was installed such that you couldn't quite fully lift the toilet seat.

The service only made things worse. The woman working at the front desk was pleasant enough at check in. When we got to the room, though, it didn't have toilet paper. Calls to the front desk wouldn't go through. When I walked down to the lobby, the desk was unmanned and the phone was left off the hook. There was a sign giving another number to call for service, but that was the number for another phone in the empty lobby. The books with the list of hotel guests and with their billing info, and the box for the keycards for the rooms were left on the front desk unsecured. Yikes!

If you're planning to book here, you should also be aware that they were charging a lot more through the travel booking sites than they were booking directly with them. For some reason, they pointed out that I could have paid $40 less... Then again, I slipped by without giving them my card for a deposit, which I felt pretty good about when I saw everyone else's personal info left out for the stealing.

If, amidst those problems, you can consider the place's positives, it did have enough hot water good water pressure, the wi-fi was solid, and, while I didn't use it, the pool area looked pretty nice.

If you have the option to stay elsewhere, I would recommend taking it.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stayes at this motel for Memorial Day weekend to visit the Falls. We aren't picky since we travel a lot, but this motel had no hot water for the entire weekend we were there. We don't mind that it's not a five star hotel we don't expect five star service but at least hot water to shower!

Stayed: May 2015
2  Thank brenda4u
Reviewed 7 December 2014

I hit Niagara to see BlackHawk and The Outlaws at the Casino. Arriving in the afternoon, I had difficulty finding this motel. Although on the main drag, my directions were flawed and the sign is somewhat small. Once there, I was greeted by a nice young lady who gave me my room key and pointed me toward the correct hallway. Once in my room, YIPES! Blood stains on the wall, huge spiderwebs in the corner, the room was quite a mess. Since I was only there to crash for a few before the show, I was pleased to find a clean bed though the heat struggled to bring any semblance of warmth to the room. Not the worst I've ever experienced but pretty close. Move on to somewhere else unless you're just flopping.

Room Tip: Bring some Lysol to clean the blood from the walls.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Curtis F
Reviewed 1 December 2014

I am all for you get what you pay for and have never previously written a bad review - sometimes I write, "this could have been better" or "they need to work on this," but not DON'T STAY THERE! This time, that's exactly what I'm reporting.

This hotel is not just run down, but falling down and filthy. I travel with my small dog. I have no problem paying a pet fee, but I did find $25 excessive when the majority of lower end hotels charge $10. What does this money pay for? Certainly not carpet cleaning. The floor both inside my room and out was filthy to the point I refused to walk bare foot. I actually tried to clean it myself in places it was so bad. The bed was extremely old and hard and the walls paper thin - I could actually hear the entire conversation of the people next door and they weren't speaking above normal level.

The ice machine was broken, the vending machines empty and the staff not particularly friendly. They do offer WIFI but it was so slow I couldn't get a connection to load. Perhaps the most alarming part was that the hotel has several entrances - and none of them are locked or pass key activated. Anyone could be wandering the halls!!! The bathroom was cracked and rusty and the toilet was leaking.

Due to the state of this hotel and level of hygiene I did not go to breakfast - and instead I went across the street to Dunkin Donuts.

Please don't stay here. If I had of arrived earlier in the day (not midnight) I would have found another hotel. There was nothing positive about this experience.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Moses-Whitey
Reviewed 1 October 2014

I never stayed at anything worse. The rate was super HIGH because it was tourist season and most motels were booked for the night. Colors were hideous but I can live with that. Room was somewhat clean. Electric receptacle was hanging out of the wall posing a hazard particularly to small children. Two out of 4 light bulbs were burned out in the bathroom but then you might see how dirty it is in full light. Sink drained slowly and was loose on one side and not bolted well on the other side posing another hazard to kids. Shower temp varied from ice cold to scalding hot posing yet another hazard. Then the shower curtain fell down. The manager refused to make any adjustment to our bill. The continental breakfast was a joke - bread/toast with no jelly, tasteless muffins, etc. Too bad TripAdvisor doesn't allow a rating of ZERO because that is what it deserves.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple