See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 December 2014

I am all for you get what you pay for and have never previously written a bad review - sometimes I write, "this could have been better" or "they need to work on this," but not DON'T STAY THERE! This time, that's exactly what I'm reporting.

This hotel is not just run down, but falling down and filthy. I travel with my small dog. I have no problem paying a pet fee, but I did find $25 excessive when the majority of lower end hotels charge $10. What does this money pay for? Certainly not carpet cleaning. The floor both inside my room and out was filthy to the point I refused to walk bare foot. I actually tried to clean it myself in places it was so bad. The bed was extremely old and hard and the walls paper thin - I could actually hear the entire conversation of the people next door and they weren't speaking above normal level.

The ice machine was broken, the vending machines empty and the staff not particularly friendly. They do offer WIFI but it was so slow I couldn't get a connection to load. Perhaps the most alarming part was that the hotel has several entrances - and none of them are locked or pass key activated. Anyone could be wandering the halls!!! The bathroom was cracked and rusty and the toilet was leaking.

Due to the state of this hotel and level of hygiene I did not go to breakfast - and instead I went across the street to Dunkin Donuts.

Please don't stay here. If I had of arrived earlier in the day (not midnight) I would have found another hotel. There was nothing positive about this experience.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Moses-Whitey
Reviewed 1 October 2014

I never stayed at anything worse. The rate was super HIGH because it was tourist season and most motels were booked for the night. Colors were hideous but I can live with that. Room was somewhat clean. Electric receptacle was hanging out of the wall posing a hazard particularly to small children. Two out of 4 light bulbs were burned out in the bathroom but then you might see how dirty it is in full light. Sink drained slowly and was loose on one side and not bolted well on the other side posing another hazard to kids. Shower temp varied from ice cold to scalding hot posing yet another hazard. Then the shower curtain fell down. The manager refused to make any adjustment to our bill. The continental breakfast was a joke - bread/toast with no jelly, tasteless muffins, etc. Too bad TripAdvisor doesn't allow a rating of ZERO because that is what it deserves.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I booked this hotel through Hotwire for my family. We checked in at night because we drove all the way from Florida through NY City. This is undoubtedly the WORST HOTEL that I have stayed in, in my entire life. Hotwire could not help when we called at midnight. The hotel office was closed and there was no one. The room smelled and my mother-in-law fell ill. There was no Wifi, no breakfast (I wouldn't have eaten there though). I have videos of all the things that we encountered. I was also surprised with Hotwire. They gave us $25 Hot Rewards, that's it. I really would have liked them to drop this place from their listing. They had told me that they will do an "investigation", but whenever I called back later the reps were rude and they really don't care. So atay away from this Hotel and stay away from Hotwire. Here is what we found:
1. Dirty room
2. Dirty Bathroom, basin would wobble
3. Office closed, no way to complain
4. No Internet/Wifi
5. No microwave in room
6. Dark parking lot

It reminded us of Bates Motel from Psycho but it was even better than this.

Lastly Hotwire was horrible. Never book through them. I have videos of the place to prove my point.

Room Tip: Stay Away from this Hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I had reserved this room online and we should have known when we pulled up that this was going to be bad....the grass wasn't even cut, the weeds were growing through cracks , the paint was peeling and windows were dirty. We walked in and no one was anywhere to be found at the front desk. I waited for ten minutes and finally a lady, unfriendly, came in. She gave us our key card and when we opened our door, I knew we were not staying here. There were burn holes in the blankets, the carpets were filthy, there were Fruit Loops on the floor. There was a white powdery substance on the mattresses ( I always check for bed bugs) - possibly bug powder? The bathroom had mildew, tiles were not glued down, and the sliding patio door was broken- a wooden stick held it closed. Are you kidding me??? The windows were so dirty , they had a film on it. My kids went outside to look at the pool and ran back in, saying it was full of bugs!!!The ironing board cover had a huge brown stain on it. The microwave had fingerrprints all over it. We took our kids and left.I wouldn't let my pets stay here. When i went back to the front desk, the woman was gone again. At least TEN minutes I stood there- we even called the place from our cell phones while we were standing there and it rang and rang and rang. She must have known we were going to leave because there was no question even as to why. We had to pay extra money to get another hotel, but that one was nice, albeit no pool, so I had to listen to my kids complain, but it was better than sleeping here.
I just want other travelers to be aware, so they are not stuck without a place to sleep. I'd feel more comfortable in my car than here. False advertising!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brenda I
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

"You get what you pay for" is not always true! Our room was well over $200 for the one night and here's what we got: we reserved a king jacuzzi room. As we entered the room, we noticed how dirty the door and walls were- truly FILTHY. The sconce lamp above one nightstand was hanging upside-down, held together with scotch tape. The door to the room hung crooked so it was hard to close on top but there was a huge gap between and frame and door toward the bottom- which meant the dead - bolt didn't work and the safety latch above was cracked and barely attached to the door. The ceramic tiles around the tub were not cemented down and several were cracked and broken, pinching our feet. The shower was new and beautiful- that's about the only thing clean/nice in the room. TV reception was just ok- not that went to Niagara Falls to enjoy a hotel room (thank God). Staff was ok- the girl who checked me in was fine, albeit not very friendly. One other staff member was a little short with my husband later in the night. All in all, I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone, even my worst enemy.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple