“Beautiful hotel, but not impressed with the restaurant”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 13 August 2017

The hotel itself was great! We had a river-view room with an amazing view of the river. Our hotel room was spacious, clean, and very well-kept. The hotel staff was helpful. The hotel was conveniently located not far off the main road, so it was easy to get to and get around town from.

I would not recommend the restaurant, however. The food was good, although expensive for what we got. It look nearly an hour to get our food, and there were only a handful of other patrons in the restaurant. The waiter apologized and one time and told us he would bring us breadsticks while we waited, but we didn't get them until we got our food, and they were just plain breadsticks - no flavor. We were told the holdup was because we ordered a pork chop and the chef wanted to make sure it was cooked through. It was cooked for sure -- to the point it was dry. But after waiting for nearly an hour for our food, we weren't going to send it back.

The breakfast bouquet was decent, though. There were lots of options, and since the food was already ready, we didn't have to wait an hour for our meals.

Room Tip: The river view rooms are a little more expensive, but it was worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Let's start off with Cliche she was amazing on the phone. She helped me out with a few things and gave me an amazing room with a view. Check in was quick all thanks to Jasmine. Rest of the staff is super friendly. Then we go to the room.

It was nice and clean a few flaws, but what can you do we all have them. The A/C is amazing! There is a fridge and they provide complimentary waters. The bed is amazing, but the pillows could use some work. Overall room 4.8/5.

Restaurant; Italian and pretty good! Meatballs are hand made and the chicken was tender and juicy. The breakfast was also pretty good, around $14 a person, but you can order off the menu and it's a bit cheaper. The bar is open until 11 which is great.

It is in a perfect spot about 8-10 mins from the falls, but you can avoid all that noice if you stay here.

Only down fall, I wish I would of met Cliche so I could thank her for making this an amazing stay!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel was very nice! Front desk staff was great! Room was nice & big. It was very nice being right on the river. Shuttle runs every hour & the stop is just a few houses away from the hotel & that was easier than trying to park downtown. Our only issue was that on our last night the weather was bad. We decided to stay in and eat at the hotel restaurant. The hostess (girl with blue hair?) seemed to have an "attitude" and was rude. We even overheard her getting loud with a guy that we thought might have been the manager. Regardless, it was a great 3 night stay & all other employees were extra helpful!!

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Regretfully we are currently staying at this hotel. We would high tail it out of here if there were anywhere else close by to go or if I didn't have to toddlers in tow. This place is filthy! Don't be deceived by the lobby.

We checked in around 5:30 after being on the road for 7 hours with 2 toddlers, 2 and almost 4. When we arrived we checked in and dropped our bags in our room. Immediately upon opening the door I could see the room was old and dated. Also, there was a smell....just felt like we needed to open a window and let some fresh air in. We were tired and hungry and went right back downstairs to the restaurant. The restaurant was clean, the service was good and so was the food.

After dinner we returned to our room with our two little ones in tow ready for bath and bedtime. Upon closer inspection we could see the room wasn't only smelly but filthy. The carpets are really bad. You know the kind of place where you don't want to take your shoes off. However, someone had taken their shoes and socks off because they left one sock behind. Gross!!!!! Then we pulled back the bedding to find dirty sheets, on both beds. The sheets had hairs all over them and a few other pieces of who knows what. We called the front desk to ask for a room change. They offered to send up housecleaning to re-clean the room. It was a nice gesture but our toddlers were ready for a bath and bed. We didn't have time to wait. We politely asked for a room change. The front desk said they were sold out and there were no available rooms. This is a Saturday night in a tourist town so, I get that. I don't like it but I get that. Fine; send someone to clean the room.

After talking on the sticky phone, touching the sheets and kicking the sock to a corner of the room I felt like I needed a shower but I'll have to wait until after they clean the room. So I go to wash my hands to find food on the counter. Yuk! I wash my hands to find the water doesn't drain.

After waiting 20 minutes or so, which seems like a lifetime when you have toddlers you are waiting to put to bed, there is a knock at the door. I open the door to someone asking if we needed clean bedding, yes, I replied. They handed me the sheets and said housekeeping isn't on. Are you kidding me? It's a Saturday night the hotel is sold out and there is no housekeeping working.

We call back downstairs to the front desk as they apparently were not aware of the staffing issues or lack there of. They then proceed to ask why we waited so long to report our concerns. There is a shift supervisor on duty but no manager and she said she has no authority to do anything we would have to wait until tomorrow when a manager is on. It has now been almost 3 hours since we first walked down to the front desk and followed up with subsequent phone calls and we are still waiting for a clean comforter. Lastly, we changed the sheets ourselves in order to put the little ones to bed and went to close the curtains as we are facing the parking lot and big surprise, it doesn't work!

Bottom line, take your money and spend it anywhere but here!

4  Thank travelbug4D
Deanna D, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Travelbug4D,

I am very disheartened to hear about your stay with us. As we pride ourselves on excellent customer service, it sounds like we have a few things to work on. I will be addressing this with all departments. I hope that you would reconsider staying with us again if your travels ever bring you back to the area. Please reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Great hotel but the comforter/duvet on one of the beds was dirty and it took them over 8 hours to change it. Also the sink wouldn't drain properly and it took them over an hour to supply us with toilet paper (there was an almost empty roll when we checked in).