1,023 results
All reviews boutique hotel art deco floor lounge free valet parking office building top floor sky view lounge observation floor cookies and milk gated lot corner room canadian side within walking distance waffles valet service beautiful hotel culinary institute
Reviewed 18 September 2018

As I say in the title, staff was excellent and location prime. The property itself, while having been refurbished, is not in prime shape. Also, some of the furniture has seen better days. Breakfast is ok, beds were good. I like the place, but recognize it's an old facility. Does have some character. My SUV was stored at a parking lot across the street, only used it on the last day of a 4 day stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank throckmortonSanaa
Doug U, General Manager at The Giacomo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for your review and for staying at the Giacomo. We appreciate your feedback. Our hotel location in Niagara Falls NY close to the Niagara Reservation State Park and near the Seneca Niagara Casino is ideal for exploring all Niagara Falls has to offer. I am happy you found our staff excellent and we all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

We really liked this hotel, stayed for 3 days. We ended up in Niagara Falls just after Labor Day and so missed a lot of the crowd in the city and presumably in the hotel. This hotel was built in 1929 (IIRC) and has a distinct art deco style. The top half of the building contains residence apartments, and the very top has an observation deck. I liked the location.

We parked our rental car with the valet for the whole three days and just walked everywhere. The breakfast was pretty decent, although more variety between the days would have been appreciated (e.g., different fruit for the yogurt). Don't forget to ask for a made-to-order waffle. The coffee at breakfast wasn't that great but the room Keurig coffee was much better.

As mentioned, the lighting in the room was kind of dim but it added to the ambiance.

In short, I'd recommend this place to my friends.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Doug U, General Manager at The Giacomo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you for your recent stay at the Giacomo and for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your suggestions as we are always looking to improve the amenities and services we offer our guests. Thank you for your recommendation To future travelers. If your travels bring you back to Niagara Falls we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, great location, decent breakfast, milk & cookies in the evening, comfortable bed. Need I say more? If you like unique non-cookie cutter hotels, then this is your place.
Here’s a couple of photos of the view from our room.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank NYsnow

We appreciate you posting a review and staying at the Giacomo Hotel in Niagara Falls NY. I am happy you liked our staff, location, breakfast and our nightly cookies. We are very lucky to have such an historic building as our setting and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous Hotel
with Art Deco design and spacious rooms .Friendly staff,very accommodating. Hotel is within walking distance to the casino, restaurants, and Falls.Highly reccomend this hotel.Did I mention they serve a complimentary breakfast and offer free milk and cookies at night ?
Looking forward to coming back to such a GRAND place .

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Doug U, General Manager at The Giacomo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for your kind words and for staying at the Giacomo Hotel in Niagara Falls NY. I am happy you liked our location near the Seneca Niagara Casino, I hope you were lucky. We appreciate your high recommendation and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I stood at this hotel in 1401 I believe the suite is called the Majestic and it really lived up to its name ! Beautiful views of Niagara Falls from all rooms and great views of downtown with two casinos in front of the hotel. Centrally located to everything and a hop skip and jump to the falls Beautiful Artdeco rooms it takes you back to a time of elegance . Great morning breakfast and friendly staff
We will be back very soon.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kalho29

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Giacomo. I’m glad you liked our location. We are near the Seneca Niagara Casino and the Maid of the Mist. We look forward to you staying with us again.