All reviews cigar lounge two blocks free parking walking distance to everything two queen beds short walk to the falls american falls goat island canada mist fireworks attractions trolley
Reviewed 29 October 2018

We travel with our dog, a large Golden Retriever. Some "pet friendly" hotels really should be described as "pet tolerant" hotels, but this is not one of those hotels. We were given a nice suite on the 4th floor, with a balcony. Plenty of room for the dog and all his accessories. His crate is 48" long, and there was still plenty of room to walk it around once we had it set up. The room was clean and comfortable; the heating system was easy to work, and we could see the mist of the Falls from our windows. We checked in at 2am, and the staff at the front desk could not have been more helpful. All of our interactions with the staff were wonderful. They never made us feel like second-class citizens because we have a dog.
Things I loved about the hotel: the comfortable bed, the quiet hallways, the toilet that flushed quietly and quickly (something you think about when you check in at 2am), the bathroom sink, which had a stopper that actually stopped the water from running out (not a common occurrence in my experience), the work desk that was not bolted to the floor or wall (meaning we could move it into the living room so my husband could work while I was asleep), the balcony, the refrigerator, and the coffee maker in the room. It would have been nice to have a little more selection at breakfast, and especially some fresh fruit, but that is not a complaint. I bring my own breakfast, but from what I could see the people that were eating the complimentary breakfast were enjoying it. I liked that a room key was necessary to get access to the elevator, so that no one who didn't belong there could wander the hallways. That is important when there is a bar in the building. We did not eat in the restaurant or use the pool, but I passed it every time I took the dog out. The pool was very clean, and the people I saw using it appeared to be enjoying it. There is plenty of space to walk your dog, and convenient trash cans nearby for the results. It is only a short walk to the Park to view the American Falls. There is a nice selection of souvenirs in the gift shop, and a very good selection of brochures in the lobby. There is parking on either side of the hotel, with access to the lobby from either side.
We are definitely coming back again, and definitely staying in this hotel.

Room tip: higher floors have a better view
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2018

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel before I checked out the reviews because there were little options available to us at time of booking. After I started reading the reviews, I became very nervous about what to expect. Honestly, I don't get why there are so many horrible reviews. This is a lengthy review but I wanted to cover all aspects of our experience. I am a picky person when it comes to hotels and while this one was far from a great one, it was also far from being a dive. I booked a suite which had recently had new carpet and bathroom flooring and it looked like it had new bedding. Everything else was a bit dated, there were a few marks on the wallpaper and chair upholstery but bottom line - the room was clean. It was a very large suite and more than adequate for our needs. I also booked a double queen room that was 10 doors down and that room also had new carpet and was clean. The smell that I am assuming people are complaining about was noted in the one elevator that was working and in the 4th floor hallway (we did not go on any other floors). It actually smelled like petroleum to me, not a cooking spice, and I did not smell it anywhere else in the hotel, including near the restaurant. Breakfast is not included, but it is clearly stated on the website, so don't blame the hotel if you fail to read it. Parking is very limited, but the parking garage is literally across the street. Yes, we had to drive a couple blocks to get to the entrance, but the desk attendant gave us a map of the garage and told us where to park. Seriously, we parked 3 spaces from the elevator and walked across the street to the hotel, after we had dropped off our bags. Front desk staff was pleasant for check in and check out, and the concierge was very helpful in pointing out eateries and sites. There is a $1.50 safe charge per room but, again, it is clearly stated and the charge can be removed at checkout if you don't use it. We did notice loud noise from a group of people in the hall around 10 pm but it settled down and we heard nothing from around 11 pm until 8 am. All 5 of us in our party slept very well in the 2 rooms, and all 5 of us agreed it was not a bad hotel. All in all, I was surprised, and relieved, at how satisfied I was after reading everyone's complaints.

Room tip: Ask for a 4th floor room facing the falls - you can see the fireworks at night
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PHNurseRN
Reviewed 8 October 2018

The front desk employees were friendly and room was adequate, but that's it. It's close to the falls. Doesn't include breakfast and is extremely noisy. Between rude quests inside the hotel to the partying on the street we didn't go to sleep till 2. The rooms definitely need to be updated. Limited parking! If you don't arrive early enough, you'll have to park down the street in the parking garage, which they did validate.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We stayed last nite here - the place is a dump and has horrible odors - it is dirty and was perhaps one of my worst stays - we have a pet and this was the main criteria for choosing and location - location is the only redeeming quality - stay away

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2018

This hotel is well located for a visit to The Falls. However, it is not very clean. There was the odor of air freshener that was unpleaseant and overwhelming at first. I would not want to stay there again--despite the good location.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends