“Amazing Greek Food and Service at reasonable prices”
Review of Mykonos Newburgh

Mykonos Newburgh
Ranked #59 of 191 Restaurants in Newburgh
Reviewed 5 June 2016

Mykonos is an amazing restaurant! The food is freshly prepared, tasty, and presented beautifully. The Gyro platters are out of this world as is the haloumi cheese appetizer. I have had several meals here and it is the ONLY place I now go for delicious greek food. I highly recommend it! Oh . . . and the beautiful views and music only add to the ambiance!

1  Thank cathyan62

Reviewed 3 May 2016

Enjoyed the food very much. Ate there for Greek Easter Sunday, so the menu was special. Loved the stuffed peppers, which you could get vegetarian or with meat. The vegetarian one was delicious with a sweet flavor from the vegetables. They promise to add the stuffed peppers and stuffed tomatoes to their regular menu. The herbed pork dish was also good. The special walnut cake for dessert was excellent. The owner, George, and the chef are extremely personable, coming to talk to you at the table. The chef is most willing to discuss his cooking and the meals. It was a very pleasant experience. We look forward to returning.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

We had the Shrimp Mykynos from the Specials menu. It was so good we came back for it. This is a shrimp dish with onions, red & green peppers in a tomato sauce topped with feta served over rice. It has a delicious flavor. A nice touch they do is bring bread & cut up vegetables with ranch dip to the table as soon as you are seated. The meals come with salad & a cup of soup. We split our meal & had plenty for both of us. Definitely recommend this.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Being that I was born and raised by Greek parents, and having been to Greece may times, I was delighted when this place opened near me. The first time I went, my family and I sat inside, which was clean and had a nice atmosphere. They had Greek music playing, which I immediately embraced, as it brought me back to the days of eating in Astoria Queens and dining in Greece.. However, the feeling was short lived because about two minutes after we arrived, the Greek music stopped and they were playing American Pop. I opened the menu and was disappointed at the small entree selection. Yes some of the classic Greek dishes were there, but so many were missing and the selection was very small. I ended up ordering a whole grilled fish and some appetizers for the table. The grilled octopus came out and it was soft, not chewy, and cooked just right. My fish was really just OK, nothing special. My wife ordered the Chicken Gyro and said it was greasy, as were the pitas that came with it. The waitress that day was on the ball, i must say.
Our second visit we sat outside, and again, no Greek music, just American Pop. The setting is very nice, as you are on the waterfront and as long as the weather holds up, its a nice atmosphere. The food was again, just OK. Nothing to rave about, and nothing to make me want to keep coming back for more. Perhaps its because of my heritage and what I am used to in dining at traditional Greek restaurants, but it just doesn't cut it for me. In the end, its nice to visit in the summer for the outdoor seating, but just an average place.

Reviewed 26 September 2015

What a great place, we had just wanted to get down on the Hudson for the view, but shades of the Greek isles,
a salad some Moussaka, a Spanakopita was on offer and it was great. Everything, but the windmills'
Some authentic Greek dancers and music would be nice.