“GREAT ICE CREAM - BOTH HARD AND SOFT”

Mary Jane's Dairy Bar
Ranked #6 of 8 Dessert in Newburgh
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I stopped by Mary Jane's early this month. This kocation has been in business for as long as I can remember - we have lived a short distance North for 40 years. The ice cream sundaes (I had the soft serve) was not stingy on the ice cream or the hot fudge sauce. Based on the prices at my town's ice cream place, the prices were about the same. If you are not into soft serve go for the hard ice cream. I brought a hand-packed quart of strawberry and another of vanilla. My family and I plan to go back when we are traveling to Dutchess Stadium to see the Renagades (a summer league baseball team) play. If they are playing while you are in the area, you should go there also.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 3 December 2016

I stopped going to MJs because the volume of stryofoam they use is inexcusable. We all need to take responsibilty for the enviornment, and putting every order (except cones, obviously) into styrofoam cups, dishes and trays is simply gross.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 8 August 2016

I'm a liberal, and the owner of this place is a conservative. So its not my favorite place in the area to get ice cream. However, it does have great banana ice cream. I must admit that.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 24 April 2016

There was a long line for ice cream on this sunny spring afternoon. The hard ice cream looked good but we had come for the custard, which someone had told us was the best in the world. Well I'm not sure of that, but I will tell you it is very good. You also get a great value for your money. The small cone would be a medium at any other ice cream stand.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 23 January 2016

Real ice cream in a very good variety of flavors! Both soft serve and hard ice cream. This has been my ice cream stand of choice since I moved to NY in 1967!

Date of visit: August 2015