“Returned After 10 Years”

North Plank Road Tavern
Ranked #10 of 196 Restaurants in Newburgh
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped by after coming here 10+ years ago and glad I did. The small old bar was beautiful. The staff was friendly. The dining room was lovely though a bit noisy due to a large group nearby. My wife had the mushroom soup which she loved followed by sword fish which she raves about. My salad was great followed by amazing hanger steak. I found myself saying I can’t believe how great this place is! Will definitely be back. Very convenient if traveling by on Route 84.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We were in the area for a swim meet.Called up and made reservations.The restaurant is a 200 year building with a small old bar, seats about 14, and 3 dinning rooms.The place was clean service verygood and the food delicious.Not a real extensive menu but the steak was great, I had the braised pork shoulder which was excellent.The children had a pasta dish and a chicken cutlet.It was 20 degrees that night and the restaurant was very cozy and warm.We will go back and we do recommend it.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I had been wanting to try this place for quite awhile & was so glad my husband & I went. We actually went on "End of Prohibition" day and what a fun night that was! The food was amazing ~ I had the chicken dish (which was recommended by our waitress) and it was so good (served with scalloped potatoes & tri color carrots) just perfect. My husband had the salmon & enjoyed it very much. For dessert we had beignets & our drinks were all prohibition related. I can't wait to return!

1  Thank LD10990
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Stopped I for a beer and stayed for dinner. Great menu and great food. Smoked chicken pasta was well worth the stop. Waiter Zachary can give you a history lesson between beers. Great find!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We decided to stop after driving by so many times. We were surprised to find an outdoor patio with umbrellas. The food was absolutely amazing! We didn't expect to find this quality. The gardens are lovely and the staff is attentive. They are also great at helping you decide on the dinner you want. Drinks were good as well. The history is interesting as well as the memorabilia that is displayed. We will definitely go back! Don't be intimidated by the back door entrance into this tiny hallway. Keep going and enjoy the food!