“Excellent Food, Atmosphere and Service”
Review of Captain Jake's

Captain Jake's
Ranked #7 of 191 Restaurants in Newburgh
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed a delicious lunch at Captain Jake's yesterday. The food was outstanding. I had raw oysters for the first time, they were so fresh and absolutely delicious. I am a huge fan now. I also enjoyed the crabcakes, which were mainly lunbs of crab. The salad was fresh, with the perfect mix of vegetables topped with a perfect salad dressing. The service and server was helpful and knowledgeable and extremely pleasant! The staff is always wonderful, as well as all the food. I so enjoyed this meal, and highly recommend this fabulous restaurant!!! The atmosphere is lovely because the patio was open and the day was warm. Watching the river and boaters, how can you go wrong! Beautiful

1  Thank Irene L

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We just had dinner here before a movie at the Downing Film Center across the street. They have a nice selection of beers on tap, including a cucumber beer from Poughkeepsie's Mill Street Brewery which will be in credibly refreshing as the weather heats up. They also have a nice menu with a variety of surf and or turf options. We went for the raw bar. I think it was the treasure chest. Whatever the name, the oysters, clams and shrimp were all very fresh and quite delicious.

Our server was lovely and attentive.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Captain Jakes is basically my favorite happy hour and/or lunch date place! Great food. Reasonable prices. Comfortable environment.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Anyone who's been to the Newburgh Waterfront knows that most of the restaurants are terribly overpriced and underwhelming. You're paying for the view and atmosphere. As a family with a younger child, I've struggled to find a place there that wouldn't break the bank and also had food my daughter would actually EAT. I loved everything about Captain Jake's from the moment I spied the slightly faded blue awning. It's a real live restaurant with an actual children's menu, a rarity on the waterfront. It also offers up a great selection for adults, from the inexpensive but yummy burger to the decadent lobster or filet mingon. The covered patio with the views of the Hudson River is perfect on a beautiful day. The staff was friendly and accommodating and I didn't feel rushed at all, which was nice. I was able to feel like a grown up having a nice meal while my child enjoyed her kids meal. When she got antsy, she could walk down the few steps to the river path while we watched her watch the ducks. I would highly recommend for anyone with kids who wants to enjoy the views and not get dirty looks for "daring" to bring a child into the establishment. A great family place.

2  Thank ayla912
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Captain Jake's is always fairly busy with a bar that has few unoccupied chairs. They offer a nice menu with sandwiches and burgers to full dinners. The food is good and the prices reasonable. Our service was excellent. Jake's is a nice change from the pricey restaurants on the waterfront.