“Great find”

Hudson Street Cafe
Ranked #12 of 190 Restaurants in Newburgh
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Delicious Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner and Weekend Brunch in a convenient and casual setting. Donna Hammond, CIA graduate and local chef for over 35 years, welcomes you to enjoy her delicious and locally sourced, whenever possible, dishes. A gathering spot for regular locals as well as a comfortable way-station for travelers in search of a delicious and wholesome meal. Wine, Beer and Cider selections from a small and carefully selected list as well as Champagne Drinks at Brunch enhance your enjoyment of every dish. Delicious Dinner Specials Thursday-Saturday, Breakfast and Lunch Monday-Friday and Brunch on Saturday and Sunday offer a wide variety of foods for carnivores to vegans. Our slogan "We Eat Here Too" is one we live by every day. We Hope To See You Soon!
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent food in a rather dull strip mall setting, don't be fooled by the surroundings. We had a large group of 16 who were seated on short notice. The room was lined with artwork from local artists. The service was excellent and attentive, you didn't have to ask for coffee refills. The food was delicious, usually made from scratch and from local providers. I've been there twice, had a juicy, flavorful turkey burger, and a bacon, avocado and Brie omelette, with delicious fresh ingredients. Cornbread and chocolate chip banana bread were great. The salad I had with the omelette included cauliflower and sweet corn. The blueberry pancakes one of my friends had was huge, but fluffy. Everyone left happy and full at a very reasonable price.

1  Thank HeavyEd
sagacious56, Owner at Hudson Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you so much! Your party started our Saturday off beautifully at the Hudson Street Café. We are very happy you enjoyed Donna's cooking and Emily's service. We are looking forward to seeing you again in October for dinner and brunch!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I have become a regular at this lovely little cafe. The food is excellent, always plentiful, and thoughtfully prepared. The staff is terrific and very attentive. I love the fact they have a display of artwork done by individuals with intellectual challenges who attend a local training center. They are a great addition to the Newburgh community!

1  Thank GailNewburgh
sagacious56, Owner at Hudson Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you Gail. This Café with Donna's delicious food and a great staff has been our dream. We plan to be opening for dinner in September. We are so glad that we have found each other and we love being part of the Newburgh Community. Our newest artwork is by a local wood artisan and we have another Newburgh artist opening in mid-September. We loved the works by ARC and bought several for our own collections! We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful BLTA with side salad everything looked delicious farm to table with very nice service definitely stop by for breakfast or lunch

CeeCee56, Owner at Hudson Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Thanks so much! We Hope to be open for dinner too by the end of the summer.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We went here based on the recommendation of a mutual friend. This is a small café, so try to go when it's not so crowded. They make everything fresh to order and use fresh ingredients. We went for breakfast on a Monday morning, so there were like 4 other people inside. Staff was friendly and informative about the menu. We both had eggs scrambled with cheese, sausage, bacon, hash browns and bread, coffee. I think I had some sort of fruit scone my friend had rye toast. Everything was delicious. We really enjoyed our food. I will definitely eat here when and if I'm in the area again. Definitely check this place out.

1  Thank bingham905
CeeCee56, Owner at Hudson Street Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

We were very happy to meet you. So glad you liked the strawberry rhubarb scones - they are made in-house with our own organic rhubarb - the first of many fruits and vegetables from our Organic Cafe Garden. Our Feather Ridge Briwn Eggs come from local farms. We Hope To See You again.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I was familiar with this cafe and it s owner, Donna, as before relocating to Newburgh, the cafe was in my village. I visited the new location and spoke with a Donna about catering my daughter s shower, for around 15 people. She suggested I order her mini sandwiches; some on little crossaints, some on little bagels, rye and pumpernickel. The selections were delicious, creative, and beautifully presented. She also suggested grilled vegetables, rather than roasted. Again, the selection was perfect and tasty. The green salad was colorful and fresh and the fruit salad was perfect, with seasonal fruits. All of the good was served on white china serving dishes, rather than plastic. The entire luncheon was delicious and all in attendance gave it rave reviews.
Donna puts a lot of care into her work and it shows. I highly recommend visiting her cafe and/or catering from her.

1  Thank Patricia F