“A Fine Dining Spot”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 February 2017

We stopped for lunch and were very satisfied with the overall service we received. We were greeted by the hostess and immediately seated and our waiter was very accommodating. The two of us picked items from the lunch menu and were surprised by the quality of the food and size of the portions. I had a pork souvlaki in a pita and my wife had an apple walnut chicken salad sandwich. Both came with soup, french fries, coleslaw and a pickle. We will definitely stop here again... A very friendly diner.

1  Thank joevala

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

This family owned diner is one of the best around! It is super clean! Food is fresh and homemade! The staff is always friendly! Great place any time of the day!

Reviewed 3 January 2017

This is the diner I stop at every time I’m in the area. They call it a diner but really it’s as close to a restaurant with diner seating as you can get.

You walk in the door your greeted by an owner, who really cares about your dining experience, your seated and you get your menu immediately and your drink orders are taken. They have a decent wine selection and a full bar too I might add. Then you are served a plate of crudités, when was the last time you went to a mid-range eating establishment, or high end for that matter and had a plate of chilled vegetables with ranch dressing dip brought to the table, a while I bet. Your drinks arrive and your order is taken.

Now what first attracted me to this place was the healthy options like grilled salmon on a bed of steamed spinach. I ordered the seafood Fra Diablo. Kind of like the classic Italian dish Lobster Fra Diablo but with more seafood. The dish has clams, shrimp, mussels, and scallops. They will change it up for you to if you ask. The seafood is usually served over Linguini, which I don’t eat, so I get it over rice which is perfect to soak up the spicy red sauce. The food arrives hot and in a timely manner, a bit longer than most diners but trust me, it’s worth the wait to have each meal cooked to order. The meals are served with a steamed vegetable if you wish and a large mixed green garden salad. I don’t eat potatoes so I get a second serving of vegetables.

I generally don’t eat desserts either but they do have a nice selection of cakes, pies, and pastries. The coffee is also good.

This is a restaurant in diner clothing. The owners are present and many of the staff are family. They are literally inviting you into their home and it shows. It’s clean friendly and easy to get to.

Pay them a visit you will not be disappointed!

2  Thank Bob F
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Amazing service and people! Absolutely love it! They have the most amazing food! Family owned and ran! Love love love Everything about the diner!

Reviewed 15 December 2016

What a friendly place for a weary traveler to find, a real treasure. We had an early dinner here, served hot, great portion, tasty home style cooking. The best part is the wonderful display cases full of temping desserts and candy. They were very happy to pack a yummy dessert to go for us. We will return again on our travels.

Been to Ikaros? Share your experiences!