“Small but solid!”

Jolo's Kitchen
Ranked #23 of 229 Restaurants in New Rochelle
Cuisines: Caribbean, Healthy
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Ok, it's small, modest, not showy- but we love Jolo's!
The strictly vegan fare is tasty and simple but creatively prepared. We generally do take- out; it's a great fall- back for a yummy and reasonably priced dinner. The staff is unfailingly kind, helpful and friendly. This is a homey place to hang out and a great place for a healthy and delicious meal
. Try it- you'll like it!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I have been here many times before but this is my first review. I have always enjoyed the Lentil Patties as well as the Spinach Patties, the Lentil Patties top the Spinach though. I have enjoyed smoothies from here too.. Today, I had a Spinach Pattie and an order of Quinoa with sweet potatoes and Falafel. Everything is tasty and you feel good putting this food into your body. Eat and be well.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful time enjoying the good food and friendly energy of this place! The guests were welcoming as were the staff members. We even got a little jazz improv from the cook (who has a really great CD of jazz standards.)

Wonderful unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

Fabulously low-fi neighborhood gem, phenomenal hot veggie food, extremely delicious (Rasta Pasta, Falafel, Okra fry, carrot cake, ginger tofu stir-fry), flavorful and well priced. Specials are cooked fresh daily and you make your selection and pay for the size of your plate/takeout box. I love the owners here, so nice, great reggae tunes making me feel like I'm in Kingston or Brixton. Love it. Try it.

1  Thank Mrs_V_NYC
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

The good = service. Food was ... at best ... home cooking. Problem is ... I'm not interested in paying for food that I could make at home. I'm expecting something elevated when I'm spending money and I just didn't find it here.

Tried the tropical smoothie. It was ok. Ordered a jerk tofu patty that lacked flavor. They offer 10 different choices of hot food and you can pick 2,3 or 4 for one dish. I selected four items ... eggplant, tofu curry, rice and black eyed pees. Good at best.

Ordered a vegan chicken salad for my wife. Again ... something I could have put together at home.

What worried me about this is that a meat eater may come here and try it because it's vegan/vegetarian and not be impressed and then be turned away from plant based options.

I wish you luck in your business. I hope you work on elevating the quality of your food.