“Very nice saloon”

McKiernan's Lawton Street Tavern
Ranked #79 of 232 Restaurants in New Rochelle
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Very friendly service. Good bar food. Fun atmosphere. Very accommodating. Will return for lite food and drinks after work again

Reviewed 10 November 2015

As a woman traveling alone, I was hesitant to enter the bar prior to my train departure. It looked a little run down and maybe a better place for men to hang after work. After reading reviews, I braved it and went in anyways. I was met by smiling faces and interest in helping me be comfortable. This place was kept up and clean, even the bathrooms were modern. Frank, the owner was kind and new all of his local patrons. I had potato skins, very yum and a cobb salad Togo to take on the train for later. Wonderful quality, truly impressed. Next time I'm up, I'll come back not just for the food but to support a local, upstanding business. Cheers!

Reviewed 7 October 2015

I visit here occasionally and am always treated well. When in the mood for good wings I take the family (2 boys and my wife). A large Cobb Salad, wings a few beers and a game of darts. Can't ask for much more than that. Staff is friendly and go out of their way to make sure we are comfortable. Good selection of beer on tap.

Reviewed 3 October 2014

I'm on the hunt for a 'mixologist' bar in Lower Westchester, and will probably be sorry when I find one - overpriced, snooty, rushed, et cetera.

Until then, I go to the places I know and love, like Dudley's and McKiernan's. To my disappointment - yes, I like dives - McK remodeled, a bit. They didn't touch the bar, thank goodness. But the lighting is better and the floor is spiffy new. Okay, I can live with that. As with all eating in New Rochelle not near a residential area - S/O was with me, and he wouldn't have walked the requisite thousand or so blocks not to feed the meters - the parking was expensive, but the food and drink were a welcome respite from a HORRID day.

Jessica was a wonderful bartender, prompt, pleasant AND she made my vodka gimlet with real lime juice. What a dif, it was excellent. The wings were very good, why we previously went to Planet Wings for takeout I have no idea. No more. We got mild, and I loaded up on the Tabasco. Who needs more than a vodka gimlet and wings? I surely don't.

So, remodel or not, the soul of McKiernan's is still there - get yourself to it, and bypass all the chi chi yuppie bars, you won't be sorry.

Trust me.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

This place is a delight. Just recently renovated. Incredible bar and more than acceptable décor. Frank, the owner, Robin and Jessica are tremendous. Food is surprisingly good and varied. Well done and of restaurant quality. I find it hard not to wax enthusiastically about this gem.