Mohonk Mountain House
US$68
EconoLodge
US$121
Travelocity
New Paltz Hostel(New Paltz)
US$64
US$104
US$93
QualityInn
2,164 results
All reviewsice skatingrocking chairsvictorian roomovernight gueststhree meals a daykids clubsmiley familyhiking trailsspa treatmentsindoor poolworking fireplacebuffet stylevisited mohonklemon squeezecarriage loungesteam roomrock scramble
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The mohonk mountain house is an absolute gem in New York!
The rooms are absolutely beautiful and clean.
The 3 meals per day which were included in the price of the stay was absolutely outstanding.
The only drawback is it is alittle pricey.I hope to see a groupon discount soon.

Room Tip: The Tower suite is really designed for a couple only.
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I talk about this resort on my travel blog at http://katrinawoznicki.com/. The property and amenities are wonderful! We took advantage of a midweek family special, although this is by no means a budget hotel or for families traveling on budgets. But the scenery is worth the money and we definitely felt rejuvenated by the jaunt. It's a very family-friendly place, despite the fact there are matches left in every hotel room because each hotel room has its own fireplace. The food is fine--it caters to a common denominator audience--so it tastes good, but there aren't really any culinary surprises. I didn't get a chance to check out the award-winning spa, and the lack of snowfall prevented us from enjoying complimentary snow tubing and cross country skiing. Everyone onsite was extremely friendly and our room was even ready ahead of schedule. Would definitely recommend for families.

Room Tip: Mohonk is about 5 miles from town. If you're traveling with kids and want to save a little money, pack plenty of snacks and your own food/drinks. For example, we packed hot cocoa, apples, naan, cheese, and brought our beer so that at night, we could enjoy our own food in front of the fireplace in our room. It was cold enough outside to keep our food on our private balcony. The rooms do not come with refrigerators, so this would only work in the warmer months if traveling with a cooler.
2  Thank Kwoz
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is the best resort in the Hudson valley. It's the real deal. Think The Breakers North

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Drove up wanting to check out hotel to maybe make a reservation for my anniversary this summer. The girl at the gate would not let us in. She was rude and nasty. I don't think I would ever stay here. Bad Karma

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Terri F
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We arrived on Thursday,just before the start of Presidents weekend. With our reservation in place- we were greeted at the gate and sent on to the resort (I appreciated the privacy factor for guests). As we arrived, our bags were handled quickly and the tip declined, reminding me it was "already taken care of for the stay". This became the moment I realized we were "all-included" with meals and activities. I sincere;ly enjoyed getting up from the table when ready and leaving to enjoy the activities. We hiked, went to the green house, the barn, sky top, went on the house tour, and looked for the ice skating rink. The spa was excellent, and I would recommend the "Indigo" treatment massage-wonderful !!
We will be returning with other members of our family.

Room Tip: We had a view of the lake and no fireplace due to allergies-very nice updated room with a balcony.
1  Thank Corinne B