Mohonk Mountain House
US$225
US$104
US$93
QualityInn
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,157 results
All reviewsice skatingrocking chairsvictorian roomovernight gueststhree meals a daykids clubhiking trailsspa treatmentsindoor poolworking fireplacebuffet stylesmiley familyvisited mohonklemon squeezecarriage loungepaddle boatsrock scramble
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My friend and I visited for the day and got a day spa pass. The spa itself is great- we both got massages. I had Kelly and my friend had Mary and they both were wonderful. It is very relaxing there. If you want a great getaway or mini-vacation, I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Not sure about the rooms, but if it's cold out you may want to valet your car. The car park is a bit of a walk "up". I'm sure it wouldn't be that bad on a warmer day, but I was there when it was 25 degrees!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Windsong70
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Attended the WBGO jazz weekend. What a wonderful time. I understand that this site is not about the music or the extras that we got through WBGO, but if you thinking about jazz, then this is the place to go. Loved the fact that everything that we wanted to do was included. From the moment we drove up to the moment we left, the hardest part of the weekend was pulling ourselves away from the buffet. Everything at the buffet was labeled for those on special diets ( gluten, pork, shellfish, dairy, garlic etc0. No guesswork. Our room was lovely with a fireplace and huge bathroom (clawfoot tub and shower).Bed was comfy and room was toasty.
We never left the building the entire weekend but heard raves about the outdoor hot tub and the skating rink.
A downside- thought that the gym was a bit lacking given that it is part of the award winning spa. Heard good things about the FREE exercise classes ( really offended at being charged for these in other resorts).
We will be back next year for jazz- hopefully will take advantage of some of the extras...Once they complete the renovation, the place will be even better!

Room Tip: I probably would ask to be away from children since the walls are somewhat thin.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My arrival was warm and informative. The meals included with the stay were far beyond my expectations. World class spa and swimming pool kept us busy and well satisfied. Great price value. Worthy of adding to your bucket list.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 19 January 2012

After a lot of research my husband and I had decided to stay at the Mohonk mountain house to celebrate our One year wedding anniversary. This was a very special day for the both of us and wanted to celebrate it in style. We had heard good things about the *resort* and had decided to pay the $474 nightly rate for the occasion. Given its price we had expected class as well as comfort. On our way to your resort, we were also thinking that if this place is as good as I hear (and read on tripadvisors), we could do this more often.

But, once we entered our room we were shocked to see the condition of the room we were in. We were given Room # 313... My husband and I travel a LOT and we have never stayed in a room that was in worst condition than this one. The mold is visible everywhere... in the bathroom heater, outside the bath tub lining... There was even a chip in the bathroom tub. I would suggest someone visit this room and inspect the unsanitary condition this room is in. The first night I arrived (on November 18th), I could not sleep at all - all I kept thinking is that we left our beautiful apartment in Manhattan to come stay in this!

Additionally, I had made a special order for a 'celebration cake" at the time of the reservation as a surprise for my husband. Since it was a surprise I had requested a specific time for it to be delivered to the room. The time that I had double checked with the front desk was between (9:30 am and 9:45am on November 20th). This time was specifically picked so that we could go to the couple massage (@ 10:30) after we cut the cake. I waited and waited (and kept giving excuses to my husband to not ruin the surprise) but the cake never arrived. Eventually I gave up and made an excuse to sneak out an hour later to tell the front desk to send the cake up NOW. This completely ruined what I had planned as a surprise and resulted in us having to skip the couple message. Timing is critical to any surprise - unfortunately for us this was overlooked !! Overall, the front desk staff was not very helpful.. Both my husband and I felt that this was the case.

Sad reality is ... Most hotels would have upgrade us if they knew it was for a one year wedding anniversary... but here I feel we were downgraded instead.

Our experience at the Mohonk mountain house was not all bad... the food was delicious, the dinning and the concierge staff were very friendly and the activities were a lot of fun. We live couple of hours away ... and would have loved to have a place like this to go back to. Unfortunately, our overnight stay (totaling of $1600 for 2 nights) was a very high price to pay for a less than basic room...

If we ever come back... it will only be to have a meal... and I would never consider recommending anyone to stay over... The way I look at it now... it makes more sense to stay at a Bed and breakfast nearby and have a meal at mohonk and enjoy the activities for a cheaper and more comfortable experience.

This is the first time I have given feedback for any resort... Unfortunately, I felt it was necessary this time around.

Note: This exact email was sent to mohonk mountain house as soon as we returned back home (on november 25th) and they completely ignored it!!!

Room Tip: get a tour of the room before you check in... Personally, I recommend staying somewhere else for a cheaper better experience... and have fun during the day here.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank np_621
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I have been visiting Mohonk for 7 years now and everytime I go I find a new reason to love it. The house is full of history and while it is old, it is extremely well maintained. The food is always fantastic and the views of the Catskills from the dining room are amazing. In addition to taking in the beautiful surroundings and eating a few fantastic meals there are always tons of activities happening for guests of all ages. I highly recommend a nature walk and the house tour. If you are there during summer, take advantage of the campfire! It includes marshmallows galore and a sing along (sounds a bit cheesy, I know, but its fun). And finally, if you are a lover of all things relaxing, book yourself a spa treatment. The facilities are clean and
inviting and the treatments are well worth it. Ah, the one thing to mention which some people
consider a negative is the fact that there are no TVs in the room. While you can get one there is a fee and I think they are pretty old judging from the glimpse I got of one in the hallway.
Overnight rates are pretty high in summer and fall, however, they do run some specials in the off season that make a night or two easier on the wallet. If you live close enough and want a less expensive version of the experience book a meal and/or a spa treatment and you are welcome to use the house and grounds for the day. Mohonk is a great place to go to recharge no matter what you choose to do while you are there.

Room Tip: Lakeview is lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends