“No better bargain breakfast anywhere”
Review of Main Street Bistro

Main Street Bistro
Ranked #3 of 103 Restaurants in New Paltz
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

And I mean even at home! Since 1965 the breakfast special at The Bistro (once known as The Gay 90s) - two eggs any style, toast, home fries and coffee (good coffee in a bottomless cup), for $1.95. No misprint! There are lots of other very good non-pricey choices. For lunch , too.

1  Thank Gourmetgerry

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I stopped in for the first time with friends for a light breakfast and was amazed at the breakfast special. I was warned that we might have to wait in a long line because it was Saturday morning, but we arrived at a good time, I guess--around 9:30--and were first in line for the next table for four. I might have thought the price of the breakfast special--two eggs, home fries and whole wheat toast for $1.95--was a misprint, but it wasn't. Coffee was brought quickly, and the special was great, with home fries among the best I've ever had anywhere. Service was extremely attentive as well. So for less than $4 (coffee was also $1.95, with endless refills), I had a satisfying breakfast. And from the menu and what I saw being brought to other tables, if I had wanted something less expensive, though certainly not exorbitant, I could have had a really decadent breakfast that certainly looked great. Decor is nothing special, kind of like a cafeteria, and it might get a bit noisy, but the food and service were great.

1  Thank Matthew S
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Walking back in time - reminded me of the old soda shops back in the day. We stopped in at the end of our romantic weekend to have breakfast before our ride home. So glad we did. It was excellent and love the laid back comfortable feel.

1  Thank irishblueeyes21
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Homey comfort food menu with everything you can imagine. Service spotty. Could be cleaner but a great value for the money and something for everyone

Reviewed 2 February 2018

There is a reason this place is always busy. It serve great breakfast, with awesome service, and its on the cheaper side. I would have to say it is the best breakfast in town. You will typically have to wait for a table, but it is worth it. My all time favorite dish here is the trailblazer. All the dishes are pretty tasty here. I would highly recommend this place if you are visiting.