“A Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Orchard Heights

Inn at Orchard Heights
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Paltz
Inn at Orchard Heights
Ranked #7 of 8 New Paltz B&B and Inns
“A Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2009

This is our fourth time staying at this charming B & B, The Inn at Orchard Heights and it has become a home away from home. The hosts, Janet and Daryl Green, go out of their way to make your stay as confortable as possible. From the gourmet breakfasts to the chocolates in the room, every detail is thoughtfully taken care of. This trip, she even offered to serve us our breakfast in our room.
We always visit during parents weekend at SUNY New Paltz, and the town can get very crowded. Rather than waiting an hour to eat at the local restaurant, The Green's will cook breakfast for my entire group of 12.! You can sit outside or on the porch with a view of the mountains, free from the crowds, but walking distance to town. I couldn't ask for better service and the food is delicious!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Marlton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

Located in the heart of New Paltz Village travelers will find this beautifully appointed Victorian bed and breakfas. Daryl and Janet are fabulous hosts who go the extra mile to make all their guest feel at welcome. The Green's prepare delicious home made breakfasts that are a definate do not miss!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2009

My boyfriend and I were looking for a quick getaway for the Labor day weekend and the Inn a Orchard Heights was highly recommended by my colleague, who had been there with his wife.

We found the place charming, cozy and comfortable. Our room, the West Room, was nice and spacious. We were lucky that Janet, the owner, allowed us to book just one night for Friday, despite the fact that it was a busy long weekend as she was only fully booked from Saturday onwards.

The location is ideally located as we were within walking distance from Main Street, yet away from the hustle and bustle. The Inn is also a stone's throw away from the historic Stone Houses, which we enjoyed visiting.

We had a wonderful breakfast - farm fresh organic eggs made to order, bacon, homemade jams with toast, wild blueberry cobbler that Janet had picked from a secret patch near New Paltz!

The location is also ideal if you don't own or want to rent a car. The Trailways bus, which you can catch from Port Authority, stops within walking distance of the Inn. You can't get any better than that for a quick and hassle free getaway from NYC! Enjoy some beautiful scenery (you can see the Mohonk lookout from the garden of the Inn), walk the trails nearby, see the Stone Houses, eat at one of the great restaurants in the village or go antique shopping - there is a lot you can do around the area without a car.

Janet and her husband Darryl were wonderful hosts and I will head back for a future visit! If you are looking for plush, 4 star accommodations, this is not the place for you; however, if you are looking for a comfortable, cozy stay in the heart of New Paltz village with friendly hosts and a good, hearty breakfast, then you have come to the right place!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

We stayed two nights....there is honestly nothing negative about this b&b although I probably wouldn't stay there again. It is very charming but doesn't have the amenities offered at other b&b's in the area but it's far cheaper and pretty resonable. The house seems authenticly antique and you get the feeling that a wonderful family lives there. Unfortunately, the family pets seem to have full range of the house so if you're allergic, be care. Like I said although I wouldn't recommend it, there aren't many negative things to say. If you need a reasonably priced b&b and some home cooking with no frills then this is for you.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tadam_NY
Venice, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2008

I arrived in New Paltz as a first-time visitor in September, and the B-and-B I had booked somewhere else was a disaster. Desperate to find a place for the next night and succeeding nights - I needed accomodation for two weeks - I used the wi-fi connection at the Muddy Cup coffeehouse on Main Street to check the New Paltz Chamber of Commerce webiste listings and spotted the Inn... right in town, near the bus-station to New York, no car required.

I phoned, walked over to check it out - a block off the main street, but quiet on its hillside - took the first room Janet showed me... and stayed for more than two weeks. These are good people, the house is what a Victorian-era guest house should be, the breakfasts are a perfect start to the day. I stayed in three different rooms during the two weeks, including one with a small balcony, and the rooms - and beds - were all comfortable.

Not only would I go back to this place, I WILL be going back, in 2009. Not only is New Paltz a really interesting university town, but taking the bus into New York - and returning - daily is a viable way to spend days in New York without New York hotel prices... if you need a room in New Paltz, check this place out, and say hello to Janet and Darryl for me...

• Liked — location, quality Victorian guest house, host and hostess
  • Disliked — no Wi-Fi connection
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Paltz
Roosevelt Inn
#1 of 4 in Hyde Park
1.7 km away
Americas Best Value Inn - New Paltz

Been to Inn at Orchard Heights? Share your experiences!