See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We had one of there Cabin and it Was wonderful, clean with ref., microwave, Air conditioner ,coffee machine porch with chairs and Portable toilets and in building toilet and showers friendly owners we will be back next year

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2017

This is an excellent facility run by wonderful friendly people. It has dirt road access to over 100 miles of woodland and dirt road horse trails. The trails are on 14,000 acres of New York State Forest run by the Dept. of Environmental Conservation.

Jim and Loraine are excellent hosts and do their utmost to make sure you and your horse(s) will have an superlative time as their guest.

The camp has trailer sites with full hookups or field camping. All sites include space for your own paddocks or you can rent a covered pipe stall. The have a central building that includes 4 private bathrooms each with a hot shower. It is extremely well maintained by horse people for horse people. Of course others are welcome too. It is even dog friendly.

I for two years I have managed the Brookfield 50/30/15 Competitive Trail Ride here. I have also been Trail Boss for the New York Adventure Endurance Ride. All of these events have had over 45 horses with one having 85! They handled the needs of all these people and horse with pleasure and joy.

They also have 2 cabins available for those who chose to use them.

I have on many occasions gone to PCC for day trips and rides. It is always a good time.

Room tip: All the sites are great for you and your horse.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Went to pure country campground for the weekend. Great place amazing people. Friendly helpful people everywhere. Best shower bathrooms I've seen. It's country pure and simple. Nothing too fancy. Easy acsess to Brookfield trail system. Word of advice. Boots or shoes on your horse. Very rocky in Brookfield

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2016

I was heading to Cooperstown, NY (Baseball Hall of Fame) and decided to spend a few days at Pure Country Campground -- and I'm thrilled that I did. The camp is located just outside New Berlin, NY in an area that is horse country -- lots of fields of hay. Pure Country is in the middle of this beautiful and serene landscape. The camp has very good facilities (including an obstacle course) for horses and while I was there I saw people who were keeping their horses their all summer, people who were bringing horses for the day. I saw people camping in the woods on the property WITH THEIR HORSES. They brought their own electric fences to put around their campsite. Camp offers several options for lodging -- your own RV with hookups, modern cabins, the best tent camping (in the forested area of camp) I've ever seen. I thin you can also rent a trailer with kitchen, bathroom, etc. SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO JIM AND THE PEOPLE WHO OWN AND RUN THE PLACE. There simply aren't nicer, more down to earth people in the country! Very inexpensive and multiple options and people who will work with you to provide what you're looking for,

Room tip: The cabins, trailer and tent camping area all fantastic!
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2015

Spent a full week at PCC and has the most amazing experience!!!! Jim was so helpful in so many ways. The staff were accommodating beyond words, we asked for firewood, and we had in soon after the request! Everything is super clean, well maintained and modern. Lorraine went way out of her way to make our trip fun and memorable!!!!
The trails are well marked, we never got lost or turned around! There are so many pretty places to ride to. We saw several forms of wildlife and other than other PCC campers we saw very few other people. My dog rode with us every ride, which is a huge plus for me! The trails had water crossings, bridges, some mud (it had rained for a few days), some rocks and the terrain is hilly, but I loved every trail we rode on! Can't wait for our next trip to PCC!!!!!!

Date of stay: June 2015