See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Magnolia Place. I had John...Table for Two....cook for us. What a culinary experience!! Started out with Scallops then had a delicious spinach salad with bacon and mushrooms followed with Grapefruit Mint Sorbet? The main course was Fire grilled Filet, goat chees mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. The meal ended with orange bourbon Creme brûlée. Can't wait to go back and have John cook for us again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We can not say enough about our stay at Rosemary's Legacy! The house is absolutely beautiful with so history and so many stories behind it! John is a phenomenal chef - and we unfortunately only got a taste of his cooking at breakfast time - next time we have to have "Table for Two!" Rosemary's is located in a quiet, beautiful area of Montour Falls and very close to everything. John is extremely helpful with any questions regarding the wineries, the area - anything! John goes above and beyond for you during your stay!

We highly recommend that when you book your next trip you stay at Rosemary's Legacy!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I stayed with friends at Rosemary's Legacy from June 7 - June 9, 2013. It felt like we were in our own family's home, and it was a perfect classically beautiful backdrop for wedding preparations and photography. John went out of his way to make sure that we felt at home, and was gracious in allowing many family members in and out on this day. We were married and had our reception within walking distance to the home, and it was a total pleasure. Breakfasts are delicious and plentiful, and the attention to detail is unsurpassed. I have never felt so utterly relaxed and cared for as I did on this weekend, and we plan to make weekends at Rosemary's a family tradition. If you want to relax and be comfortable, this is where you should stay without a doubt! We did not take advantage of the free tastings and tours (we are local to the area!) instead, we locked ourselves in and felt like we were miles away from home. Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity and it will be your home away from home

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank martycat607
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My husband and I decided to take a 2nd Anniversary trip to the Finger Lakes. After doing some research, we found this little gem, Rosemary's Legacy. In a nutshell, this place is a huge WOW!

The owner, John, worked with us to plan a most perfect weekend. John made us feel welcomed from the time we arrived until we hugged him good-bye as we left.

Because my husband is interested in cooking, we decided to do the "Cook with the Chef" package. Before we arrived, John worked with us to choose a menu that my husband would learn how to cook. John shared his best culinary skills with my husband... John patiently taught my husband how to prepare a gourmet five-course meal fit for a king! We couldn't have been more delighted! The two of them began preparing the meal the day before we actually ate. The morning of our meal, they worked on more food prep after which John taught my husband how to set a formal table for two.

John also recommended a limo service which we booked for a 6-hour wine tasting tour around the lake. It was wonderful! Our driver stressed that he gave a wine TOUR and that after our time with him, we would have a good feel for some of the key wineries around the lake. He succeeded! For two people who seldom drink, we ended up purchasing a total of five cases of wine which we are now enjoying at home.

After the wine tour, John and my husband did some last minute meal prepping. Then John instructed us to sit at the table while he served us the fruits of their labor - one of the most delectable meals I can remember ever eating.

Now about the B&B... the house was John's family home. After his parents passed away, John & his wife opened the home as a B&B. It is incredible! The beautiful home is packed with knick knacks from an era gone by - so much nostalgia in one home! We found the house to be extremely comfortable. (The water pressure was amazing - I didn't want to get out of the shower!)

And the breakfasts that John prepared for us each morning were out of this world. He pushed way past traditional B&B style muffins and omelets! Everything about the food was simply perfect.

What more can I say? John is a wonderful host, a knowledgeable area guide, and just a plan ol' good man!

We will definitely make Rosemary's Legacy our 'go to' place for every trip we make to the Finger Lakes! This B&B is a very special, one-of-a-kind oasis!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Suslew
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Have you ever dreamed of having a private chef? Well, "Table for Two" is your opportunity to have that fantasy fulfilled for one night! We found the link for Table for Two on the website of Magnolia Place, a bed and breakfast on Seneca Lake. John Pulos and his wife, Maryalice, use the kitchen of Magnolia Place to prepare a dinner that he customizes with your input. The meal that John prepared for us was outstanding. We started out with sauteed scallops that were amazingly tender! Next came a very unique preparation of grilled hearts of romaine. An intermezzo of cantaloupe sorbet was perfectly refreshing! I had lamb chops dijon and my husband had jerked pork tenderloin, both outstanding! Bananas foster for dessert was an excellent rendition (and we have been lucky enough to have the original at Brennan's in New Orleans!)! John and Maryalice are a wonderful couple and enhanced this amazing meal with their gracious service and conversation. We were lucky enough to have dinner served on the deck overlooking Seneca Lake. Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity if you are in the Seneca Lake area; having John cook for us was a highlight of our trip!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple