“Table for Two Romantic Elopement”
Review of Rosemary's Legacy

Rosemary's Legacy
Rosemary's Legacy
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Montour Falls
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I eloped to another bed and breakfast on Seneca lake and had john at table for two come and cook us dinner. After our intimate ceremony and photography session john brought us to our table that he set romantically for us. From the personalized menus to the beautiful unique silverware, the table put a huge smile on my face. John was so professional and had a warm presence. The food was amazing! We had a delicious large crab cake as an appetizer followed by the best soup I have ever had: asparagus. I had Very fresh tasting salmon and my husband had the pork chop which he could not stop raving about. Very tender! When John said he missed the class for cake decorating I didn't mind. It was only the two of us and as long as it tasted good it would have been great. When he presented the cake I almost cried. I didn't expect to have a wedding cake since I was eloping and then he presented this beautifully decorated cake with a wedding topper that looked like us! We had riene de Saba (sorry if I butchered the name) and he made a brownie layer on top of that! Truly amazing. This is an experience that we will remember forever! Thank you John for making our night so special!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Newmrs2714

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at Magnolia Place. I had John...Table for Two....cook for us. What a culinary experience!! Started out with Scallops then had a delicious spinach salad with bacon and mushrooms followed with Grapefruit Mint Sorbet? The main course was Fire grilled Filet, goat chees mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. The meal ended with orange bourbon Creme brûlée. Can't wait to go back and have John cook for us again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We can not say enough about our stay at Rosemary's Legacy! The house is absolutely beautiful with so history and so many stories behind it! John is a phenomenal chef - and we unfortunately only got a taste of his cooking at breakfast time - next time we have to have "Table for Two!" Rosemary's is located in a quiet, beautiful area of Montour Falls and very close to everything. John is extremely helpful with any questions regarding the wineries, the area - anything! John goes above and beyond for you during your stay!

We highly recommend that when you book your next trip you stay at Rosemary's Legacy!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I stayed with friends at Rosemary's Legacy from June 7 - June 9, 2013. It felt like we were in our own family's home, and it was a perfect classically beautiful backdrop for wedding preparations and photography. John went out of his way to make sure that we felt at home, and was gracious in allowing many family members in and out on this day. We were married and had our reception within walking distance to the home, and it was a total pleasure. Breakfasts are delicious and plentiful, and the attention to detail is unsurpassed. I have never felt so utterly relaxed and cared for as I did on this weekend, and we plan to make weekends at Rosemary's a family tradition. If you want to relax and be comfortable, this is where you should stay without a doubt! We did not take advantage of the free tastings and tours (we are local to the area!) instead, we locked ourselves in and felt like we were miles away from home. Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity and it will be your home away from home

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank martycat607
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My husband and I decided to take a 2nd Anniversary trip to the Finger Lakes. After doing some research, we found this little gem, Rosemary's Legacy. In a nutshell, this place is a huge WOW!

The owner, John, worked with us to plan a most perfect weekend. John made us feel welcomed from the time we arrived until we hugged him good-bye as we left.

Because my husband is interested in cooking, we decided to do the "Cook with the Chef" package. Before we arrived, John worked with us to choose a menu that my husband would learn how to cook. John shared his best culinary skills with my husband... John patiently taught my husband how to prepare a gourmet five-course meal fit for a king! We couldn't have been more delighted! The two of them began preparing the meal the day before we actually ate. The morning of our meal, they worked on more food prep after which John taught my husband how to set a formal table for two.

John also recommended a limo service which we booked for a 6-hour wine tasting tour around the lake. It was wonderful! Our driver stressed that he gave a wine TOUR and that after our time with him, we would have a good feel for some of the key wineries around the lake. He succeeded! For two people who seldom drink, we ended up purchasing a total of five cases of wine which we are now enjoying at home.

After the wine tour, John and my husband did some last minute meal prepping. Then John instructed us to sit at the table while he served us the fruits of their labor - one of the most delectable meals I can remember ever eating.

Now about the B&B... the house was John's family home. After his parents passed away, John & his wife opened the home as a B&B. It is incredible! The beautiful home is packed with knick knacks from an era gone by - so much nostalgia in one home! We found the house to be extremely comfortable. (The water pressure was amazing - I didn't want to get out of the shower!)

And the breakfasts that John prepared for us each morning were out of this world. He pushed way past traditional B&B style muffins and omelets! Everything about the food was simply perfect.

What more can I say? John is a wonderful host, a knowledgeable area guide, and just a plan ol' good man!

We will definitely make Rosemary's Legacy our 'go to' place for every trip we make to the Finger Lakes! This B&B is a very special, one-of-a-kind oasis!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
0.4 km away
Cook Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Cook Mansion Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 4 in Montour Falls

Been to Rosemary's Legacy? Share your experiences!