See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Have you ever dreamed of having a private chef? Well, "Table for Two" is your opportunity to have that fantasy fulfilled for one night! We found the link for Table for Two on the website of Magnolia Place, a bed and breakfast on Seneca Lake. John Pulos and his wife, Maryalice, use the kitchen of Magnolia Place to prepare a dinner that he customizes with your input. The meal that John prepared for us was outstanding. We started out with sauteed scallops that were amazingly tender! Next came a very unique preparation of grilled hearts of romaine. An intermezzo of cantaloupe sorbet was perfectly refreshing! I had lamb chops dijon and my husband had jerked pork tenderloin, both outstanding! Bananas foster for dessert was an excellent rendition (and we have been lucky enough to have the original at Brennan's in New Orleans!)! John and Maryalice are a wonderful couple and enhanced this amazing meal with their gracious service and conversation. We were lucky enough to have dinner served on the deck overlooking Seneca Lake. Don't miss out on this wonderful opportunity if you are in the Seneca Lake area; having John cook for us was a highlight of our trip!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kat1110
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We come to the finger lakes every year. I came across this B&B last year while trying to look for places to stay around the Watkins Glen area but ended up staying at another place. However, this year's trip I remembered about this place that I came across and decided to look through their packages. My fiance and I picked the "Distill This" package. I cannot express in words how wonderful it was! We were looking for a relaxing night to kick start our vacation and John & MaryAlice made that happen. John is wonderful to work with. He plans everything out with you so that when you arrive, everything is taken care of. We received a cheese platter, 5 course meal using all the liquor we had sampled at the distillery, and breakfast in the morning! He sets a gorgeous table for dinner and breakfast and really makes you feel at home - just without having to cook or do the clean up! John even poured for us at the Finger Lakes Distillery, provided us with a tour and a free bottle of whiskey! They are wonderful hosts! John noticed we has bikes and a canoe with us. He recommended bike paths for us and even told places to go with our canoe. The main streets of Montour Falls are within walking distance and Watkins Glen is a very short drive. John seems to know everything there is to do and the places to go. If you are looking for a romantic getaway- I highly suggest this place! Even if you are looking for a nice, relaxing place with great hosts and wonderful food- this is your place! I recommend this place for everyone! We will return!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank troublesomejlo
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My husband and I recently experienced "Table for Two" for our 30th Wedding anniversary while staying at the Magnolia Place, which is an awesome place to stay. The entire experience was more than we ever expected. John and MaryAlice are the most wonderful hosts. Our beautiful table was set up on the porch over looking the lake. The dinner was devine and we lucked out on having a beautiful evening and sunset. We have had some memorable Anniversary dinners, and this is one of them. Thank you so much for a wonderful dinner to share with the love of my life. Paul & Robin Richer, Clay, NY.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rlricher
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I got married in the Watkins Glen this past weekend and me, my husband, and our bridal party all stayed at Rosemary's Legacy. I have to say, this was a mecca of peacefulness during that crazy weekend. The weekend was super hot and the pool was the greatest asset to the house. All of my cousins and my husband's cousins stopped by for a quick dip during our time there. The house is unique and full of a lifetime of mementos and knickknacks. It’s defiantly like staying in your grandmother's house. One of the members of our bridal party is really into antiquing and probable took 100-200 pictures of stuff around the house to post on Instagram. John, the owner, is super friendly and accommodating. I was initially a little nervous that the owners were going to be strict because we were a house of young adults and can be a bit noisy sometimes, but there were no problems. John comes in during the day for keeping up maintenance, which was actually quite nice. And he doesn't skimp out on breakfast either, delicious! Overall, a great place to stay, and thanks for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Miriam_I1
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We have had the good fortune of enjoying the services of Table for Two on the deck of Magnolia Place three times now. As we all know, a great experience is rarely replicated. Not so with our experience with Table for Two. Much to my surprise, each time becomes better. John and MaryAlice are wonderful hosts, knowing exactly the proper amount of friendly, relaxing conversation, but not in anyway being intrusive or interfering with one's meal. The table is tastefully set and the atmosphere on the deck is wonderful. The food ranged from at worst very good, to at best superb. My hobby and passion is fine dining experiences and we've been lucky enough to eat at many great restaurants. However, one of my absolute favorites has been enjoying the ambience and evening created by Table for Two, just for us.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple